can i join someone's ACI Clan Group?

with their new "System" a couple weeks away, and for the time being we don't have an ACI "Secure Server," can i join someone's ACI Clan Group? do i sound cheap? you betcha but i reckon it can't hurt to ask :)

Comments

• t[F]s.ARTAQt[F]s.ARTAQ Posts: 46Player
    FWIW we did have a "Secure Server," but for the time being it is defunct. just looking for a Group until we get ours up and running again, no idea when that will be tbh. thanks in advance!
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 272Player
    You want a group to "use" for the time being and then get ACI permissions again...then leave whatever group helps you? Good luck with that...
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
    i think i expressed my intentions pretty clearly :)

i take that's a no vap? :**(
    please add me on steam if any1 is interested. steam ID: artaq
  • Don't even bother with ACI. If they want to be greedy and only allow those with a server to access the hazard tool, then so be it. The background tool was actually decent in the aa2 days when you were basically forced to play on unofficial servers that were streaming and everything got recorded. Now that the official servers are so popular in aapg (they don't stream to ACI), the database only has bits and pieces of player's history. ACI needs the help of the community, not the other way around.
    kickpipe.jpg
  • AvgusteAvguste Posts: 125Player
    No one was forced to play on unofficial servers in AA2. The issue with AAPG is most players don't know how to set their server browser (Steam or AAPG official) to view all available servers. Unofficial servers are still the best because of the protection provided by ACi, PBBans and others.

At the end of the day, players need to take the time to learn how to use their server browsers or at the very least, ask for help

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Hail the protection! Tbh though, it's about having admins who kick/ban obvious cheaters, that besides votekick abuse are the only bad things on official servers.
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 272Player
    ACI and PBBANS are great communities....they should be used by all clans. Would be great if aapg would run aci and pbbans banlists on official servers too!
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
    agreed d3g vapor
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    heard nx needs players

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player

I get the burn, I just wish I could SEE the burn.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions

• I get the burn, I just wish I could SEE the burn.

Let me paint you a picture with red and orange :smile:
    kickpipe.jpg
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    303 accounts with 3rdID clan tags from AA2 with 19 bans for 6.2% overall

But... there are duplicates (eg: 9 LaFlash accounts and 4 LaFlash bans). A more accurate number is probably somewhat under 5%.

Seems roughly in line with what I'd guess games tend to get. Good luck keeping perfect track of what all 300+ of your clan's members are doing at any given time. All it says to me is they ran a large, popular group.
  • Thanks for the analysis, Professor.

My point was that 3rdID really can't criticize other teams/clans for having (suspected) cheaters.
    kickpipe.jpg
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    It seems to me that what really matters is how they handled that information and that link really doesn't address that. I don't know your history with 3rdID but it seems like you've got some issues to work through with them.
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    Got a mail aswell that my access will be downgraded as i'm not in a clan group with a streaming server anymore.Will still hang around and post my kill videos ,because AAPG related sites are not too many around.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,517Player
    with their new "System" a couple weeks away, and for the time being we don't have an ACI "Secure Server," can i join someone's ACI Clan Group? do i sound cheap? you betcha but i reckon it can't hurt to ask :)

Only official members or recruits of a clan may be added to a Clan Group.
    You should know this if you have been a member of ACI.
    Stop trying to bend the rules or get in through a back door..
    If you don't have a server then why do this.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    like i said to someone else, i already made it clear why ?? mind your biz :) if you don't like it that i am looking for a way around, tough.
  • Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 384Moderator
    there's no need for this to continue further
    The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
This discussion has been closed.