Proof of the ability to take damage while behind cover.

Comments

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    I really doubt people exist who actively, consciously search for a high ping to gain an advantage...
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited July 2015
    Whilst it's true low pinging servers (servers closer to your physical location) offer a smoother gameplay experience, I don't think people go out of their way to join far away servers for advantage, I often play on US servers at night/early morning but I don't ever feel advantaged in anyway.

I'm sure I've said this before somewhere but, does anyone notice how sluggish actions happen on higher ping servers? take crouching and proning for example, I'm one of those players you probably sometimes see at round warmup fooling around.. repeatedly squatting up and down like an idiot and doing 360 degree spinning running jump slides, akin to a crazed maniac on drugs.. These actions happen really fast on EU servers that are close to me, but I try to do them on US servers and there is a noticeable pause or sluggishness to them, I'm not sure why that happens, I have no idea.. But I wouldn't say being slower at performing actions, like ducking for cover to get out of the way of incoming fire is any sort of advantage.. more like a major disadvantage.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    SOPMOD wrote: »
    I really doubt people exist who actively, consciously search for a high ping to gain an advantage...

You are so wrong, EU players play on NA servers because they suck. The highping makes them look good though.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Do you guys even go on SFO servers? btw Japan to SFO is 180ping. So anyone with over 200+ is europe...Australia is the 290-330 range. Make up your nonsense about it being all people who have no where else to play all you want demon it is simply untrue and you know it. I've been in an SFO Server and more than 50% of the server is Euros and you've been there too. Why people continue to lie about stuff like this while the game suffers is truly unbelievable. The fact that certain US players are OK with this is laughable.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• -vortex-vortex Posts: 188Player
    I know this is a game funded by the United States army and there is probably some reluctance to set up official servers outside the US but I think that for the sake of the game they should have dedicated servers for EU and AUS. It would definitely attract more players and help set up the comp scene better. Pretty soon you'll see us at dreamhack, you know what I'm saying?
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    Do you guys even go on SFO servers? btw Japan to SFO is 180ping. So anyone with over 200+ is europe...Australia is the 290-330 range. Make up your nonsense about it being all people who have no where else to play all you want demon it is simply untrue and you know it. I've been in an SFO Server and more than 50% of the server is Euros and you've been there too. Why people continue to lie about stuff like this while the game suffers is truly unbelievable. The fact that certain US players are OK with this is laughable.

the post that shows that you got zero to no idea what you are talking about,you came to conclusions based on your fixation,couple of posts back i wrote whats going on,if you can't process the truth it's not my problem.
  • DistinctionDistinction Posts: 61Beta Tester
    edited July 2015
    I'm not sure why you're even discussing this. It is nearly impossible for one to "cure" latency. I have the fastest available internet where I live (in the middle of no where, northern Wisconsin) and I see a 140ms ping on a server in Chicago. And that's with no other internet applications (except Steam) running.

Distinction
    AAPG Beta
    [31Bravo] wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you're even discussing this. It is nearly impossible for one to "cure" latency. I have the fastest available internet where I live (in the middle of no where, northern Wisconsin) and I see a 140ms ping on a server in Chicago. And that's with no other internet applications (except Steam) running.

To be fair Chicago is one of the worst for in/out traffic there is. I live in southern MN and I connect better to NY servers.
    TheTots wrote:
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Hmm I'm near Toronto and I don't have that kind of ping to Dallas

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • ProneWarriorProneWarrior Posts: 4Player
    i get 140 to europe lol
  • Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 385Moderator
    . . . official servers outside the US . . .

LHR
    FRA
    The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
  • [PCM]Tuksu82[PCM]Tuksu82 Posts: 10Player
    edited July 2015
    Bear_82 wrote: »
    . . . official servers outside the US . . .

LHR
    FRA
    I was wondering this too... didnt u know there is official servers in eu? And you can also find there large amount of US players with 150-250 ping, lagging, warping ect. In the past one US fellow was noted about that hey this is eu server, he just said "This game is called AMERICAS army, not EU army, I'll do what I want!"
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    I was wondering this too... didnt u know there is official servers in eu? And you can also find there large amount of US players with 150-250 ping, lagging, warping ect. In the past one US fellow was noted about that hey this is eu server, he just said "This game is called AMERICAS army, not EU army, I'll do what I want!"

THIS IS SO TRUE!
    I was wondering this too... didnt u know there is official servers in eu?
    No, I just assumed there wasn't any because if there was, wouldn't EU players rather play there and get a better connection?
    Maybe I'm wrong, and people don't want to play with a good connection, but that's just my thought process.
    TheTots wrote:
  • -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    I was wondering this too... didnt u know there is official servers in eu?
    No, I just assumed there wasn't any because if there was, wouldn't EU players rather play there and get a better connection?
    Maybe I'm wrong, and people don't want to play with a good connection, but that's just my thought process.

DFW = Dallas
    FRA = Frankfurt
    JFK = New York
    LHR = London
    ORD = Chicago
    SFO = San Fransisco
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Ping & Camper is the cry of the loser.. :cry: it helps them cope.

When in reality they should be doing this, it's all in the lyrics.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

the post that shows that you got zero to no idea what you are talking about,you came to conclusions based on your fixation,couple of posts back i wrote whats going on,if you can't process the truth it's not my problem.

LOL

edited July 2015
    btw the guy in your video gets shot in the hand.

svUKkKw.png
    http://imgur.com/svUKkKw
    fD7Q9bH.jpg
    http://imgur.com/fD7Q9bH
    if you would actually take your time and watch it frame by frame there would be no need for another amazing nonsence topic.
    edited July 2015
    btw the guy in your video gets shot in the hand.

svUKkKw.png
    http://imgur.com/svUKkKw
    fD7Q9bH.jpg
    http://imgur.com/fD7Q9bH
    if you would actually take your time and watch it frame by frame there would be no need for another amazing nonsence topic.

I did take my time to watch the video frame by frame. Truly sad you find dying behind cover to be a nonsense topic way to spell that word right too. Also if you actually had a clue about what you were trying to point out you would also look at when said player died and said player got the kill. It's clear as day he died from a shot you cannot see where it landed from my point of view...But good try demon really good try. Maybe next time you decide to judge a video actually look to see when the player dies. That would be the smart thing to do.

edited July 2015
    enlarged the frame for you when he pulled the trigger judging by the light effect of fireing weapon.

next frame,you see the blue marker(simulated munition) hitting the weapon holding hand and his dot moved to the right due to recoil.

nlv6bZT.jpg

NqfdhUe.jpg
This discussion has been closed.