Unreal Engine 4

Comments

• SumTingWong?SumTingWong? Posts: 79Player
    I just want to see what Squad does with the AAPG players.
    When i check the Steam stats for AAPG it says that currently we have around 650-700 players avg for the last 30 days (http://steamcharts.com/app/203290)

Squad allready got 4.500 people that joined the Kickstarter and the game still needs a release
    2n8rncy.png
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    When i check the Steam stats for AAPG it says that currently we have around 650-700 players avg for the last 30 days (http://steamcharts.com/app/203290)

Squad allready got 4.500 people that joined the Kickstarter and the game still needs a release
    650-700 average on at one time. AAPG's reportedly had >30,000 different players on in the past two weeks.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited July 2015

I'm never quite sure how to take these kinds of posts..

What exactly are you looking for? what do you even mean by saying "see what this Squad game does with AAPG players"? are you wanting mass agreement? you think everyone will disappear and leave AAPG an empty game? or is it posted just to stir things up? perhaps even scare monger the devs?

I just do not comprehend. I honestly don't know why some people play this game, or even participate here, I don't mean that in a mean way either.. But with such apparent dislikings of the actual game, it always surprises me why people stick around. I get that people want to have that old AA charm back, and its somehow missing for them now but man.. I'm sick of hearing the same record.

Try and enjoy the game for what it is, if you can't we should adopt the admin approach.. You don't like the server, then get the heck out! save yourself the pain and simply play somewhere else :)

Also you do know you can play more than one game, right? this one included, I'm pretty sure that’s what most people do.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• CoverluxCoverlux Posts: 26Player
    edited July 2015
    By the time Squad releases on steam (early access - end of this year) we may even have a decent full release of AAPG. AA should really hit the ground running this time...not like AA3 which was pretty buggy at release from what I remember.
  • =[101st]=Wolverine=[101st]=Wolverine Posts: 1,169Beta Tester
    TBH, Squad is not meant for our current AAPG community, most won't touch it after few minutes. It's suited more for old school AA player. Don't expect 2 or 3 minute rounds. These are real battles long range, times you might run for 10 minutes just to get to a certain location. Battles can go on for hours. I think their smallest map are like 2km x 2km. I heard as largest as 8km x 8km.

So no run and gun here. lol
  • CoverluxCoverlux Posts: 26Player
    Squad is very different from AA imo. I don't know how and if they will implement AA-Style CQB with small teams. That will probably be something they will do later anyways...it takes some good map design as well to make it work. If Squad is like PR then it will require a lot of time and teamwork. The PR mod isn't even fun if you don't play with a squad. In AA you can just hop into a pub and have fun. I don't see AA and Squad as direct competitors right now.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    TBH, Squad is not meant for our current AAPG community, most won't touch it after few minutes. It's suited more for old school AA player. Don't expect 2 or 3 minute rounds. These are real battles long range, times you might run for 10 minutes just to get to a certain location. Battles can go on for hours. I think their smallest map are like 2km x 2km. I heard as largest as 8km x 8km.

Right that its totally different, but " It's suited more for old school AA player".. AA1 was not even close to that kind of gameplay.. I dont know why people think AA1-2 was soooo tactical.. funny I have not changed my style of gameplay since AA1 and Im pretty successful.. maybe because they play the same/similar

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    The last Squad dev video I saw showed one player marking where to place HESCO barriers and other players pulling out their shovels and erecting them. It seems much more similar to ArmA in many respects than even old-school AA.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited July 2015
    Bud, dyinglight does not use UE4, if it did it would cripple your game/machine. It's made using Chrome Engine 6.
    bud I did not say dyinglight I said DAYLIGHT :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_(video_game)

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Bud, dyinglight does not use UE4, if it did it would cripple your game/machine. It's made using Chrome Engine 6.
    bud I did not say dyinglight I said DAYLIGHT :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_(video_game)

Yeah I know sorry, Just saw that. But come on...you played it, does it really look like a UE4 title? Few hallways with sub-par textures and models? Looks more like UE2.5 than UE4. Go play ARK and see what you get. ;)

I think if you make AA with the small maps we have now, you might get away with it, but if you're looking to make large environments, it's going to be tough. Not saying it's not doable, but definitely tough.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited July 2015

That doesn't sound like old school AA at all. Old school AA may have had a slower pace than PG, but rounds times were 7-10 minutes, not hours. Even then, the majority of rounds didn't take the full allotted time. As an old school AA player, I'd take AAPG over an ArmA style game. I find it silly when people say that all of the AA players went to ArmA. That's not true. Maybe all of the ones who used to complain that AA wasn't realistic enough. I honestly don't know anyone that I used to play AA with who went over to ArmA. Most either went to CS, CoD, BF, or they don't even really play games (or FPS) much anymore.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    The way Squad is set up, you have to take/capture location throughout the map. Any time you capture a point, the team leader can set up really point for the rest of the team to spawn on. and you do this as you move forward taking objectives. However, If the enemy team finds your really point and destroys it, you're screwed, you'll have to spawn on a further back location you captured. It makes more interesting gameplay.

@Whiplash27 : Come on dude, I use to spend half an hour in the tower alone. :smile:
    yeah I actually had a decent laugh from that building forts and crap.. not sure I like how you can be in the middle of nowhere and can build a fortress with a shovel

=IK=Doba= wrote: »
    yeah I actually had a decent laugh from that building forts and crap.. not sure I like how you can be in the middle of nowhere and can build a fortress with a shovel

It's meant to set up defence point. Not anyone can do it, Only certain class. like an engineer. it's more for a strategic thing. hunker down under massive onslaught/attack. The game is still in alpha, so who knows what makes it in the final product.
  • -vortex-vortex Posts: 188Player

Well, this is one game I won't be bothering with. That sounds like a 6 hours game.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
    actually theyre only 2 hr round times lol

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    edited July 2015
    You need to reach a little deeper in their forums. Squad has plans on hitting the close quarters battles as well as looking at where they can acheive a competitive environment. If the gameplay is enjoyable, it might be a solid game.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    yeah I did listen to the Dev interview where he said CQC maps are in the plan as well as 8v8 comp support.. could be interesting.. keeping eye on it

You need to reach a little deeper in their forums. Squad has plans on hitting the close quarters battles as well as looking at where they can acheive a competitive environment. If the gameplay is enjoyable, it might be a solid game.

Yes when you come into a village or compound, you'll see that. It's crazy when the 2 teams go at it inside a small village area.

I can't go into much because of NDA , but It's got great potential. ;)
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    BCPull wrote: »
    The last Squad dev video I saw showed one player marking where to place HESCO barriers and other players pulling out their shovels and erecting them. It seems much more similar to ArmA in many respects than even old-school AA.

LOL! Seriously??? That's hilarious. I need to go try some of these just to have a laugh!

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.