Basic Editor Tutorials?

Are there any step by step tutorials for the basic editor other then the one on the old forum? That one is pretty good but not detailed enough for us noobs lol!! I am no developer that is for sure but I love to play with building blocks :-).. 

Actually I want to try my hand in building a map, and would like a more detailed tutorial if possible!! 
One day I will graduate noob school!!!
-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

Comments

• ELiZ_SwedenELiZ_Sweden Posts: 30Player

Just google "UDK tutorials" for much of the generic map building tutorials.

98% of map editing in AAPG is the same as for UDK.

Then use the tutorials here or on the old forum for the remaining 2%

• -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    Thanks ELiZ, I'll give that a try!!! 
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Your gonna struggle to find tutorials on the basic editor. It's like exclusive to AAPG, the Devs made it like that to help people like yourself get into mapping by providing something functional with a minimal learning curve.. It's only issues are massively dumbed down features and limited assets. Whilst its possible to make fully playable, cool maps, your restricted in a tonne of functionality that using the full editor would provide.

Here is some help at least, I cant seem to find the twitch streams that one of the Devs did unfortunately :(

Hope that helps.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 271Player
    edited April 2015
    Thanks guys,, I like what the dev's have done with the basic editor, but I have to agree after playing around with it.. I believe I will just use the full unreal engine because like you said there are just to limited things to use in the basic, but it is a good place to start to get used to the functions of movement..

And there are far more tutorials on the full editor then the basic.. I just downloaded the Unreal 4 engine and will begin to learn lol!! I just hope I can build a map and transfer it to the editor built into steam..
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

You would be better off building your map and getting used to it by using the advanced AA unreal editor, shipped with the game.

A map made in UE4 will not work on AAPG.

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,155Beta Tester
    Yeah the Unreal 4 engine is completely a new animal. Download the UDK thats more comparable to what AAPG is using. Or [TOS Violation] why do that, just use the one with the game. Only difference between the 2 is the game specific actors.
    Ah ok, see the one tutorial I was reading said to download the Unreal 4

I will just use the one built into the game after all, if I proof to make a decent map it would be for AAPG anyway!!

-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

Ah ok, see the one tutorial I was reading said to download the Unreal 4

I will just use the one built into the game after all, if I proof to make a decent map it would be for AAPG anyway!!

That's the spirit! The absolute key to making maps is having the willing and drive to learn and see your new found education infront of you and come to fruition!

It's a great feeling publishing your first map :) I wish you well sir, please keep us all informed of your progress and of course there's plenty of folk here who can help you along the way if you need it.

Thanks I sure appreciate it.. Look forward to learning, and building and having others play on a map I made.. Yes as you said I am sure it will be a great feeling..
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!