"Gaming mouse myths busted"

Comments

• .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    edited April 2015
    Also thansk for letting us know you write scripts rokis jr. amnd you still ride the condiction bench

I would hope I can write simple scripts; I code programs every day as part of my classes in school, which is a place you should look into. This, however, does not mean I use scripts to cheat in a game.
    ADD ME i can m16 full auto spot enemy i can set delay times between shots aka shooting the ar at a slower rate of ffire with less recoil...what up noof lol u add me and tell me what oh so super macro u have and ill make it.
    Sorry i can't script my names not rokis

Also
    BCPull wrote: »
    Sooooo

I'm pretty sure "some mice can use a macro" is NOT a gaming mouse myth
    /thread please.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    BCPull wrote: »
    Psst: Wireless vs wired is one of the myths from the posted article

And it seemed to be the least substantiated topic in the article. Basically the expert said that if a wireless mouse is designed purely with wireless in mind it can be almost not noticeable. That'a pretty terrible myth debunk. Especially when the myth is wireless vs wired, not highly specialized niche market wireless gaming mice vs wired mice. Fact remains that if you go pick up a mouse at a retailer, unless it's a wireless gaming mouse in the $70+ range you will find the myth to be true.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    Either way.. Who wants to keep changing batteries? :trollface:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, that was one area that wasn't covered in as much depth as the rest. I agree with Uni-Sol, I've stayed wired solely because I don't have to think about charge.

I bet there's a market for an inductively charged gaming mouse. Be right back... bah, already patented.
    http://mionix.net/concepts/concept-px/

I don't know if any are being marketed yet, though.
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    I've stayed wired because it's the best option, but more than that because self-powered devices are expensive and add another potential element of failure. What I know about networking is that normal data trasnmission, http, ftp, etc has a handshake process that allows for missing packets to be resent. But transfer protocols like RTP for voice data don't, and if you've ever set up a VOIP system on WiFi you'll know that even the best WiFi solution still causes *some* voice quality issues. Since movement is captured real time there is no handshake/receipt confirmation, so it just seems like there is a good chance that you'll have some instances where a poll is missed so often. Maybe I'm wrong, but everything I've experienced with wireless systems implies I'm not. Will it be a big deal? Likely not, I may not EVER notice it, but it's just a lot of bs to avoid having a wire...
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    edited April 2015
    Fire, Scope Up, Switch Weapon [Pistol], Switch Weapon[Secondary Primary if I pick one up], team chat, teamspeak, single shot/auto, tac mode, hold breath, use, global chat.

Are you serious?

My Logitech G500s is enough for all of above actions. Additionaly I use reload on mouse. Hold breath is enough on SPACE. Global chat and team chat is the same button for Team Speak, specially for person who play mostly competitive, not pub star.
  • hazealusRAWRhazealusRAWR Posts: 97Player
    Fire, Scope Up, Switch Weapon [Pistol], Switch Weapon[Secondary Primary if I pick one up], team chat, teamspeak, single shot/auto, tac mode, hold breath, use, global chat.

Are you serious?

My Logitech G500s is enough for all of above actions. Additionaly I use reload on mouse. Hold breath is enough on SPACE. Global chat and team chat is the same button for Team Speak, specially for person who play mostly competitive, not pub star.

lol he's saying all those actions in1 button lol. ALso vortex i don't know why you quoted me up there and didnt even really write antyhing...i use my control panel for anything i said. ggs.
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    edited April 2015
    You can call it myth, since I have my DeathAdder, I kill more, FACT.

Now got a Razor Tiamat 7.1 headsets.... now multiply by 3....

lol he's saying all those actions in1 button lol. ALso vortex i don't know why you quoted me up there and didnt even really write antyhing...i use my control panel for anything i said. ggs.

Lol, well, so maybe I missunderstood. One button for all of the actions? Jesus Christ, Santa Madonna. I don't even have any 1 button with more than one action. Italians says: non ci credo.

Lol, well, so maybe I missunderstood. One button for all of the actions? Jesus Christ, Santa Madonna. I don't even have any 1 button with more than one action. Italians says: non ci credo.

Yes. Basically you could put spot enemy and fire on left click so when shot at some1 it auto spotted them. fixed thank god. but people are using it for like doulb eaction's since the developer's assigned 5 action's to 1 buttton we have to use our mouse's top sepeartye or combine those action's to buttons.
    Yes, of course I understand the mechanism of double binding.

You were able to put more double actions to one key as well, I wrote about it two months ago on older forum. But there is still spot-on-shot and spot-on-sight in use I noticed.
  • .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    Haze, stop telling people I use macros when I don't. Thanks Bae.

Also with wired vs wireless I prefer a wireless since I have a laptop and I am constantly moving around. Worrying about wrapping my cords is just one extra thing I don't need in my life. If I only gamed on that computer, I'd probably pick up a wired mouse due to above reasons.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I got the g500s closest thing to the mx518 I used back in aa2.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    SSKbart wrote: »
    Buttons are useless for fps games imo, they just distract of aiming.

I actually bought a mouse with not so many buttons, just good precision.

I got hooah on mouse button 5 and healing on mouse button 4, love it.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Haze, stop telling people I use macros when I don't. Thanks Bae.

Also with wired vs wireless I prefer a wireless since I have a laptop and I am constantly moving around. Worrying about wrapping my cords is just one extra thing I don't need in my life. If I only gamed on that computer, I'd probably pick up a wired mouse due to above reasons.

umm who did i tell you used macro's i doubt you came up in any e-conversation of mine because i don't even know you. I know you bench for conviction and use the iron sights. That's about it though.
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    SSKbart wrote: »
    Buttons are useless for fps games imo, they just distract of aiming.

I actually bought a mouse with not so many buttons, just good precision.

I got hooah on mouse button 5 and healing on mouse button 4, love it.
    Hooah is definitely one I should add to my mouse buttons :)

Choke on mousewheeldown is a good one as well.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
    i use the arrow keys to move. and right shift to jump and right ctrl to crouch. getonmylevel.
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited April 2015
    when you spectate ,if you see people jumping after scoping out its an attempt to bind hold breath to scope up right mouse button macro,since there is no separate key, jump and hold breath is always going together.

Same goes for jumping while removing the pin from granades or flashes but it is possible.

btw g502 is awesome,light years ahead and better than razer only the scroll wheel is weird,feels heavy when its locked in and does the tick tick sound and step by step scroll movement.
  • omerta`jeeomerta`jee Posts: 54Player
    i use the arrow keys to move. and right shift to jump and right ctrl to crouch. getonmylevel.
    thats disgusting. in the traditional sense, not these new and hip cool-kid sayings.

• [eNv]KevTron-[eNv]KevTron- Posts: 13Player

wow the arrow keys are bad YOUR BAD.