Surround sound VOIP???

]B4n4nA[JoG@ry]B4n4nA[JoG@ry Posts: 220Player
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
not seen this requested as a feature before so I would like feedback from the community on it. I think having the direction of the player chatting to you with VOIP would be helpful in situational awareness and reduce the confusion that happens when a lot are using the VOIP. is it possible??? is it easy to implement???

Comments

• K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    Great idea if it's possible
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Funny. I've been thinking about that (and fireteam channels) and thought directional VOIP would be very cool if only the guys near you could hear it!!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    This would be a very cool feature. The only time I can ever remember using anything like this is in BF3 when Mumble made a special plugin to support it. I don't actually know how hard this would be to implement, but I have to assume it's not easy or we'd see more of it. I'll look into it this week and see if it's something we can look at adding after launch!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    Rust does this
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    Rust does this

So does Squad. Never realized how cool it is until I saw some videos of it in action.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Awesome. Others doing it gives us something to look at! If you know of any other games using UE3, or TeamSpeak, and doing this, please let me know!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited July 2015
    ACRE is the ArmA2 plugin for directional sound (and more) through TS3. ArmA2 uses a different engine, but there might be info out there on their implementation of the TS3 API. In the past the ACRE dev's put out some forum posts on issues he's hit with the TS3 API's implementation of 3D sound on particular user setups.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Do it!
    googley avatar aapg

• ]B4n4nA[JoG@ry]B4n4nA[JoG@ry Posts: 220Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    This would be a very cool feature. The only time I can ever remember using anything like this is in BF3 when Mumble made a special plugin to support it. I don't actually know how hard this would be to implement, but I have to assume it's not easy or we'd see more of it. I'll look into it this week and see if it's something we can look at adding after launch!

Thanks for the reply, keep us posted :)
    Oh.....and get rid of the Auto Callouts! :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited July 2015
    Ahh we had this is AA2 & 3 but with comms... was so fun to sneak up and whisper on someones shoulders " NME 2 north east, shhh silence" yes you could use the COMMS for complete and perfect battle sentences. We used to storm B OBJ shouting up/south which those in the know, knew what it sounded like in NME speak, great times and system.... your team could shout from a tree and you could pinpoint him.

AA2 has whisper, speak , shout, Global radio , squad radio, and the best of them all ARM commands for silent team work. P.S leader roll could pick any squad to guide from the map toggle.

Love Comms with actors that sound ARMY .. hearing a 35 year old man cry in VOIP cause he is down, depressing and sad on so many levels.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 346Beta Tester
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Oh.....and get rid of the Auto Callouts! :)
    Oh yes, pahleeezzz!!!!!
    I so sick of hearing; “I’m hurt” after I’m dead.

015c0ab623b454cffe80c9c007fbb62f21aeac80.jpg
  • [G]old{F}^MaticICE[G]old{F}^MaticICE Posts: 16Player
    Today I came across new VOIP for gaiming - Dolby Axon - they have 3D positional sound. Maybe you could connect with them and try to figure something out. So far they are not well know and maybe they will be prepared to integrate this.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited July 2015
    MaticICE wrote: »
    Today I came across new VOIP for gaiming - Dolby Axon - they have 3D positional sound. Maybe you could connect with them and try to figure something out. So far they are not well know and maybe they will be prepared to integrate this.

https://axon.dolby.com/

this is awesome. This would be really cool to have in aapg.

https://axon.dolby.com/in_games.php
    What It Brings to Games

When it comes to gameplay, you expect awesome effects, a great story, over-the-top graphics, and realistic surround sound. However, in most games, voice chat remains one-dimensional. No matter where you or other players are in the game, voices are always front and center. As a result, the game loses some of its magic every time someone speaks.

However, when Dolby® Axon is integrated into games, voices get mapped to the in-game action. So, when other players move around you, their voices move with them. They become louder or softer as they approach or move away, and when they step around a corner or behind a wall, their voices become muffled or harder to hear.

Dolby Axon keeps you fully immersed and provides new opportunities for both games and gamers.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

That sounds really cool!!! (er....pardon the pun....)
    ______

• iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    this would need to be supplemental of course. It would be an incredible replacement of the AA2 callouts feature.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • =IK=El.Jefe=IK=El.Jefe Posts: 72Player
    Insurgency has this. In game comma are sweet. Only your squad can hear you over radio. Enemy and friendliest hear you with surround proximity chat.
    Edit feature is not working on my iPhone. Plz excuse spelling errors.
    Also on their comp mode the prox chat is disabled and dead can teamchat with live VoIP.
  • ]B4n4nA[JoG@ry]B4n4nA[JoG@ry Posts: 220Player
    Sorry but I just have to Bump this :wink: