The shadow reveals my enemy's postion

SiNsOfThEDeViLSiNsOfThEDeViL Posts: 111Player
edited October 29 in Game Support
This has happened to me on some occasions and I think I found the root cause for this glitch/exploit.
When an enemy uses the supported position behind a wall or somewhere, you can somehow see their shadow through the wall.
I recorded a short video and then took a picture of where this glitch is shown in the recording.

Now, I don't mind seeing enemies where they are without any external software, but the last thing I want is someone thinking I'm a cheater and reporting me and getting banned for something that isn't even my fault.

I hope the devs fix this exploit.

-Best Regards, Flynn.

Whatever you do, you cannot outrun the devil.

Steam

Comments

• SiNsOfThEDeViLSiNsOfThEDeViL Posts: 111Player
    Here's the photo

Whatever you do, you cannot outrun the devil.

Steam
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 656Moderator
    It's another example of AMD not working well with UE3.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 624Beta Tester
    This has been brought up many times. As far as I can remember, it is an engine limitation. Not related to AMD.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • DoubleA777DoubleA777 Posts: 1Player
    I've reported this issue as well. They are aware of the issue. They are working on a patch for it.
  • ^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0-TTV^^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0-TTV^ Posts: 854Player
    edited November 7
    DoubleA777 wrote: »
    I've reported this issue as well. They are aware of the issue. They are working on a patch for it.

There will be no solution for it, nor a patch. This has been in the game since beta because as Levente pointed out it's a limitation with in the game engine. The only solution if server admins see it as unfair advantage is to disable the shadows server side. That way shadows will not be effecting the gameplay anymore.
  • [DFekt].L.D.50[DFekt].L.D.50 Posts: 37Player

There will be no solution for it, nor a patch. This has been in the game since beta because as Levente pointed out it's a limitation with in the game engine. The only solution if server admins see it as unfair advantage is to disable the shadows server side. That way shadows will not be effecting the gameplay anymore.

This dates back not only to beta but anything UE related. I can remember it going back to even AA2 and was prominent in maps like Pipeline or ANYTHING when you was close to an object.
    RpylfC7.gif
    Owner/Leader - DFekt Gaming
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player

This dates back not only to beta but anything UE related. I can remember it going back to even AA2 and was prominent in maps like Pipeline or ANYTHING when you was close to an object.

This. The only option is for server owners to disable shadows.
  • DoubleA777 wrote: »

Irrelevant to this game, two games both on different engines.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 348Beta Tester

Irrelevant to this game, two games both on different engines.

All versions of America's Army, (starting with the original in 2002) have been developed on the Unreal Engine.
    015c0ab623b454cffe80c9c007fbb62f21aeac80.jpg
  • All versions of America's Army, (starting with the original in 2002) have been developed on the Unreal Engine.

Being build on the same engine brand doesn't mean they are build on the same engines.