New Policy not allowing me to register an account?

WrightWright Posts: 1Player
so ive played AA:PG on and off for bout 2 maybe 3 years i cant remember how long and ive come back today to find i cant register my account because its already linked to my steam ? any one got any ideas

Comments

• Wright wrote: »
    so ive played AA:PG on and off for bout 2 maybe 3 years i cant remember how long and ive come back today to find i cant register my account because its already linked to my steam ? any one got any ideas

- You need another email address (or create another email account)
    - Once you login into your https://www.americasarmy.com/ account, update with new Addy
    - Confirm with email link sent from AA
    - Fire up AA and select browser which will send you to registration form with new code
    - it will request you to fill in new email Addy
    - it will request confirmation from email account
    - AA will let you get into online servers right away

I believe you CANNOT use your original or previous email Addy, until the Devs manually adjust it. It seems there is a cross-reference glitch in their email DB.

Question: Does anyone know where the new user config files are stored (user controls in Game & User files)? I copied old files to config directory but no change. Even when I edit control settings, they don't change their modified date; appears different files now or location?

I have two accounts here on the forum now, but that 's beside the point:
    July2020 wrote: »
    Note to V_NillaJ : You patched my Steam account to my proper online name (November2Remember), but forum still uses the dummy one I created to get around it (July2020).

Regarding the "ran out of video memory": I played AA for 100 hours and have never seen this problem. Yesterday I overclocked the memory through the Bios (1.3 Mhz to 2.4 Mhz and my FPS almost doubled on some maps and spots ranging from 90 to 170; also led team kills twice in 2 of the matches lol). After being on for about 8 hours (on and off usage), the error popped up after I had to exit the hung game (not 100 % sure on that sequence).

One other thing that I was doing towards the end of that 8 hours that was unique, was entering and exiting 3 servers quickly in about a minute or two, and looking for a new map change or open spot.

I was trying to avoid a couple of maps that I really get killed at.