i7 Benchmark Results

IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
edited April 2015 in R&R
Here are my latest results from my new i7-4790k 4.0GHz build.

Intel XTU: CPU and Memory Stress Test.

Benchmarking @ 1007 marks.
Maximum Frequency 4.41GHz
Maximum Temp 73c
Core Voltage 1.2410v

googley avatar aapg

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Run 3Dmark, Cinebench for benchmarks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Run 3Dmark, Cinebench for benchmarks

Why? Some say run Prime95, etc. The reason I'm asking is because I've read that each benchmark engine will give different results.

Using HWMonitor while doing a 2 hour gaming stint at 99% load on the Graphics Card, I only reach 63c on the CPU @ 4.41GHz. Isn't this the temp we want to watch?
    googley avatar aapg

I just gave the two most commonly used on overlooking. Net

I'd you're not OC'ING the video card don't worry but the Temps. you're OCING cpu worry but those Temps

AND gaming isn't exactly the best method of testing a stable OC. You want to run Intel stress test program

I ran the stress test on CPU and Mem from within Intel XTU (first post). Is that the same Intel stress test you mean?
    googley avatar aapg

Aha yes I just keep forgetting the exact name ok cool then

• Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited April 2015
    4.4 is the stock turbo freq. i would not consider it an overclock every 4790K can do it.The silicon lottery starts at 4,6-4,7 and goes to 5 Ghz+,mine goes up to 4,8 on the first 2 cores and 4.7 on core 3-4 stable,can push it to 5 Ghz with only first 2 cores enabled but no point in doing so.

If you think about it every higher tune is only good for benchmarks,in game the fps gains are minimal with some risks involved like game crashes,blue screens,overheating stability issues ect.

AIDA 64 every version has a built in stress test for CPU ,GPU and Memory with detailed highs lows average temps and power consuption,i use that every time over Prime.
    4.4 is the stock turbo freq. i would not consider it an overclock every 4790K can do it.The silicon lottery starts at 4,6-4,7 and goes to 5 Ghz+,mine goes up to 4,8 on the first 2 cores and 4.7 on core 3-4 stable,can push it to 5 Ghz with only first 2 cores enabled but no point in doing so.

If you think about it every higher tune is only good for benchmarks,in game the fps gains are minimal with some risks involved like game crashes,blue screens,overheating stability issues ect.

AIDA 64 every version has a built in stress test for CPU ,GPU and Memory with detailed highs lows average temps and power consuption,i use that every time over Prime.

I agree, running the i7-4790k at 4.4GHz should be considered "default" for this chip. Maxing out graphic settings and getting high FPS rates are my number one concern for gameplay.

Anyone using the i7-4790k should not fear clocking it to 4.4 as long as they use something other than the POS factory cooler. The Corsair Hydro Liquid Cooler works just fine for my use and it doesn't weigh 50lbs like the EVO 212.
    googley avatar aapg