Is this game dead?

Hi all I logged in to play again after a 2-year break and to my horror I noticed that there were only 3 servers with minimal players :(

is this game dead or is there a new game that i have missed?

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    Looks to be pretty dead and player counts seem to be their lowest in the game's history. The Devs mentioned that an AA5 was in development a while back, but we haven't heard anything new in like a year.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    We're now at 183 average players for PC. There was a failed update a few weeks ago and they have yet to resolve that issue, so I personally have little faith in the studio and their development of AA5. But here's a beer to hoping the franchise can be revived to even a fraction of its former glory.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited August 12
    doogle! wrote: »
    We're now at 183 average players for PC. There was a failed update a few weeks ago and they have yet to resolve that issue, so I personally have little faith in the studio and their development of AA5. But here's a beer to hoping the franchise can be revived to even a fraction of its former glory.

I won't hold my breath.

Either way, I feel like multiplayer FPS games have been funneled to a few big game franchises and subgenres and it'll be very hard for a quasi-indie dev to break into the scene with a more classic feeling team based shooter. I tend to go on Twitch's main page to get an idea of where the hype is in the MP gaming scene and it's disheartening to see pretty much the same games there now as there were a year+ ago. I haven't played a single MP shooter in probably close to a year now. I'm so over the scene, which is why I continue to check in on America's Army... but I'm not hopeful on this one.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!