New Unreal 5 Engine and AA

L3gacyL3gacy Posts: 13Player
edited May 7 in General Discussion
Has there been any talk about possibly of a new Americas Army game or upgrade of either AA3 or AAPG utilizing the new Unreal Engine? https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/a-first-look-at-unreal-engine-5

It could be just want this community needs to revamp this whole game.
Should Americas Army utilize the new Unreal 5 Engine? Or leave it as is?
  1. Should Americas Army utilize the new Unreal 5 Engine? Or leave it as is?16 votes
    1. NO! Leave it as is and let it fade away...
        6.25%
    2. HELL YES! A Unreal 5 Engine AA game would be AWESOME!
      93.75%
hivebanner-2.png Get you AA:PG Server Today At HiveGaming.Net

Comments

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 624Beta Tester
    edited May 7
    There is complete radio silence regarding AA5 for... I think a year now. For that, I'd definitely like the most up-to-date tech possible.

I don't think porting the old games would be a good idea (although I'd love to see an actually finished version of AA3). It's way too much work, I'd rather have a new game... I don't think a port will happen for these games.

Edit: UE5 is not even out yet.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 348Beta Tester
    There has been a lot of speculation but no “official” word to my knowledge. I thought that the next version of AA was to have used UE4 which was released in 2014. However, with such a late start on the next AA title and with UE5’s expected full launch in late-2021 it would make sense, (well to me… not necessarily AGS or their customer the Army) to use UE5.
    015c0ab623b454cffe80c9c007fbb62f21aeac80.jpg
  • L3gacyL3gacy Posts: 13Player

Yeah.. But your post did not involve a poll so I win!
    Aybabtu.png
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    AA2 Remastered Edition on UE5?
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    doogle! wrote: »

Good luck waiting for that. Your best bet right now is ArmyOps and even that seems to be on a semi-hold since the creator is working on some other project with MSFT and ArmyOps is getting secondary focus for the time being.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Hi folks, It's been a while, I just came to see whats been happening and was hoping to see maybe some news of a possible AA5.

Great to see AA is still going strong and that people are still here.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -=[DISF]=-Max-=[DISF]=-Max Posts: 250Player
    so will we play aa5 in 2025?
    Hi folks, It's been a while, I just came to see whats been happening and was hoping to see maybe some news of a possible AA5.

Great to see AA is still going strong and that people are still here.

I think the few of us still here just check in once a week or so to see if anything's going on. Not sure that really means AA is still going strong :lol: Although, I guess if you look at the steam charts, the (lack of) popularity of the game hasn't changed too much over the past couple years, so I guess the small player base is still stable.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited June 1
    Hello whiplash :+1:

It had been like 10 months since I was here, maybe longer, no new official maps or game updates? I thought pipeline was in the pipeline :scream:

I got rid of my gaming PC, changed job, mid life crisis I think they call it.

Where is TheTots? The podcasts? Trello? Please tell me AA still supports user made maps?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

It had been like 10 months since I was here, maybe longer, no new official maps or game updates? I thought pipeline was in the pipeline :scream:

Where is TheTots? The podcasts? Trello? Please tell me AA still supports user made maps?

Lol, I haven't touched this game in like 2 or 3 years... Anyway:
    Gone 3 years ago. Then we had aaHolywood, gone 2 years ago.
    Gone years ago.
    Who knows?
    I don't think that's changed.
  • [canaglia]kaledo[canaglia]kaledo Posts: 20Player
    so will we play aa5 in 2025?

:p

I'm optimist, I bet 2024
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 580Player

Gone years ago.
    Who knows?

I remember reading aaHollywood's post, was very hyped for it. He's no longer a dev?
    I would love to see pipeline for PG.

Gone years ago.
    Who knows?

I remember reading aaHollywood's post, was very hyped for it. He's no longer a dev?

See here: https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/8101/aahollywood-sendoff
  • csMKJPcsMKJP Posts: 4Player
    doogle! wrote: »

Good luck waiting for that. Your best bet right now is ArmyOps .....

Other interesting "classic FPS":
    https://www.grassrootzstudio.com/
    https://chainsawgames.co.uk/

and for pro-players (COD4 - Promod)
    https://playpromod.gg/

Sorry to advertise. But how are you looking for classic FPS. These should be the best.
    edited June 8
    I'm all on board of more classic FPS type games coming out. The market seems pretty dead right now. Every now and then I check out Twitch to see what's popular and it's always the same garbage. The only game that's somewhat recent is Valorant and it's pretty much CS with super powers from what I've seen of it.

Project Wraith looks like it has a lot of potential, will be interesting to see how they differentiate it from just being hardcore COD without perks. Either way, I think these games are looking to be more fast paced style games whereas AA was always somewhere in the middle.
  • MrZeroKillsMrZeroKills Posts: 1Player
    if we are sharing our wish list
    - i would like maps with multi-level (12 story buildings for example, extreme yes)
    - i would like to see some form of customization depending on rank and training (expanded from "weather weapons or skins" red dot, aim point, reflex, ACOG, etc.
    - during mission-rounds loading (those 7 seconds) briefing notes for squad tactics-strategy as per squad leader, which would stay "current" for round
    - and for mission-round debriefing, red marks for dispatched teammates on the map
    - weather effects: rain, snow, fog-mist, blowing sand ray-tracing (optimized)
    - hitbox refinement - (when my muzzle points to a direction, that first bullet should hit where it was aiming) recoil is based on physics after the first shot (which i think it pretty stellar at the moment)
    - hitbox refinement - the head is protected yes but not the face! neck, and some helmets the ears!
    - hitbox refinement - there are instances in AAPG where the player experiences extreme trauma from a firefight, CE should be immediate and not recover
    - and let us not forget... SOUND!!! when i hear footsteps, i should here them based on an xyz,
    - SOUND!!! ambient noise! [TOS Violation], even as i sit here, i can hear the birds outside, the neighbours walking about in my apartment building, planes and helicopters overhead, the rustling of trees on windy days, some of the official maps are absolutely lacking in the department of realism for sound
    - seriously though, we could talk for days on these subjects and features that may never be implemented or reviewed by the AA5/AA6 teams

rant over... for now
  • [canaglia]kaledo[canaglia]kaledo Posts: 20Player
    unfortunately no official communication, no one hinting at all "we would be working on ..." and so the players decrease ...
    unfortunately no official communication, no one hinting at all "we would be working on ..." and so the players decrease ...

Well this right here is how we make that happen.. LET'S GO DEVS. GIVE US SOMETHING!! and by something we mean on the new engine