AA:PG Weapon Mechanics Guide updated for 2021

motivated2*censored*motivated2*censored* Posts: 10Player
edited March 1 in General Discussion
Hey there all of you 5 people who are still active on the forums! ;)

Over the last few weeks I had a little side project that I finally want to share with the community in its first version. I have reworked one of the most helpful guides for AA, the "Weapon Mechanics" guide by BCPull that he started back in the beta days. He also announced it in here in this post from 2015.

Link to the new and updated >>> AA:PG WEAPON MECHANICS <<< guide for PC.

BC did an amazing job, it's very well written, detailed and in-depth, but the info was last updated in 2016, so I thought I'd bring some of this to 2021 and have retested and re-graphed much of it to make things more up-to-date, because some things have changed. See this as a tribute to his work...

If anyone here has suggestions to further update/extend this guide just hit me up! I'm still looking to verify a few more of the numbers and any help with that is welcome! =) I'm sure there's some new stuff for everyone in it, so have fun reading and tell me what you think!

Oh, and: of course feel free to share this around with friends, clanmates, wherever! A lot of work has gone into this and the more people can profit from this, the better!

All the best
motivated2die (motivated#5559 on Discord)

Comments

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 624Beta Tester
    Nice job! Did you hand-test all these numbers? Or did you datamine a little?

AFAIK the rate of fire stats are correct in the original guide. I did some testing a long time ago in-game and they held true there as well.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • motivated2*censored*motivated2*censored* Posts: 10Player
    Cheers =)

Basically yes, hand-tested the numbers for bullet drop, damage stats and falloff, hip fire accuracy, penetration, ADS time and ADS movement speed, reload times as well as RPM.

The RPM ones I am a bit uncertain of :confused: I tested the numbers twice and on my system it comes out to those that you see in the table. But I do know it can be framerate-dependent, so if you can check that they are different for you then it would be interesting to know what your settings/frame rate are...
    I did my tests years ago. I captured some 120 FPS reference footage, then looked at the frames where the ammo counter goes down. (I used many-many shots as a sample.)
    Long story short, the results matched with the original guide quite well. I just can't find these files, they must be on my old laptop...
  • iDK.ArkeiroiDK.Arkeiro Posts: 775Player
    Good job motivated, if you haven't already make a guide on steam associated with the game, should be a easier way for players to find out about it.

Haven't read everything carefully but seems pretty legit the data. If you need help with acquiring some more data just let me know.

Over 2k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • iDK.ArkeiroiDK.Arkeiro Posts: 775Player
    Just a small suggestion, everything in the guide is really useful, however most of it are just details.
    If you could add one more graph that features rpm with shots to kill [0-100]m I think that would be very good to know.
    Imo the most important graphs are in point 4, adding that with rpm calculations we could calculate the fastest TTK weapons.

Over 2k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • motivated2*censored*motivated2*censored* Posts: 10Player
    if you haven't already make a guide on steam associated with the game, should be a easier way for players to find out about it.

Yeah, that's where I wanted to do it first, but the steam guide editor is an absolute PAIN in the [TOS Violation] :( But I'll consider it, it's an easier platform for people to find it :)
    If you could add one more graph that features rpm with shots to kill [0-100]m I think that would be very good to know.

Also a very good suggestion, I'll look into how to make it, it would need to take bullet travel time into account as well, but it would be super interesting for sure!

Thanks for your feedback!

Also a very good suggestion, I'll look into how to make it, it would need to take bullet travel time into account as well, but it would be super interesting for sure!

Thanks for your feedback!

I don't think you should bother with bullet travel times. I think it would just make results harder to interpret and it's not all than interesting IMO. It's just a linear term added on top of everything.
    Servers also have tickrates (30 Hz by default IIRC, which is not that high), which combined with latency and who-knows-what can mess with the accuracy of the results. I think a "clean" graph would be best.

You have all the stuff you need, just take the shots to kill data (STK), then TTK=(STK-1)/(RoF/60).

Keep up the good work!