Cognitive bias - When your beliefs get in the way of reality...

2»

Comments

• SL_zOmbiSL_zOmbi Posts: 124Player
    edited March 21

Maybe you should read that carefully ;)
    index.php?soldier=zOmbi-
  • ^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0^^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0^ Posts: 854Player
    I agree with you spectating ins't enough evidence but it is BETTER than not spectating. However there are many type of cheats which can easily be detected with only visual, the way the crosshair is moving, recoil, sway control, etc.
    About demorec and spectating being accurate, also true but wasn't that the beta testers job to provide feedback to the developers and fix it?

I agree with visual detection, both spectator and demorec's give the same results if it comes to catching them. Though people still think that demorec's are the better way, but it's just a data file which in return can be manipulated. So at the end of the day it all comes to watchers experience knowing how to ID them.

The most common multihacks are easily to detect because people just don't know how to use them, things like you said no weapon sway, no recoil, aimbots. Something that will go undetected in spectator and demorec's are trigger or pta bots, flash/smoke removals, Correctly done spectator xray mimickers, and way more other stuff..
  • UltraInstinctSaiyanUltraInstinctSaiyan Posts: 11Player
    There is also one more point to add, however not many will have these issues.
    You can have more desync/mouse behaving weird from some kind of interference in electricity.
    Anyone who plays for years would notice it. Someone who has it since beginning of his journey in gaming might think it is normal and blame other players.
    This topic is coming up on several forums in recent years. Noone yet has discovered what is the source of this, but it is real. I have witnessed it myself.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 624Beta Tester
    There is also one more point to add, however not many will have these issues.
    You can have more desync/mouse behaving weird from some kind of interference in electricity.
    Anyone who plays for years would notice it. Someone who has it since beginning of his journey in gaming might think it is normal and blame other players.
    This topic is coming up on several forums in recent years. Noone yet has discovered what is the source of this, but it is real. I have witnessed it myself.

I think this does not lead to hackusations, especially with what we have in spectator view. But to be honest, I don't really know what you are talking about...
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.