Why Inner Hospital

I curiously just want to know why you all gravitate toward inner hospital its not that great of a map!!

Comments

• ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 793Administrator
    Many clans stick to it because its part of a retro map from back in the day. The map was shrunk and simplified. Its easy to remember calls and familiar. A great map for players going from BDX to FLO or just one for the vets that have been here for 19 years. It does get old fast however and there are a few communities that make their own maps and host them or you can try public servers or clan servers that do not stick to inner.
  • SL_zOmbiSL_zOmbi Posts: 124Player
    Because its a great map :surprised:
    #DARKROOMONLY
    index.php?soldier=zOmbi-
  • MewtwoMewtwo Posts: 307Player
    if you dont like that map so can you go to other server or look in server list for maps.)you dont need to go in to inner.)
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 624Beta Tester
    I personally avoid Inner nowadays. Not because it is bad, but because I played too much of it previously.

I think part of Inner's success is the balance between simplicity and complexity for the average player. This allows for some team strategy to be used, while individuals still have a great impact.

The other thing I noticed is that it is (mostly) an indoor environment. This limits the use of crazy grenade throws. Most of the time only those people can throw nades at you, who could also shoot you. Imagine if you could throw grenades from the Double Door to West Choke or the hallway leading to Garden for example. It would be a mess IMO. So this indoor-thing simplifies engagements, making the map more accessible for new players as well. Aso, most of the time you can see who is shooting at you. Overall, engagements are clear and well defined. (Reaction also shares these characteristics and it is a popular map as well.)

Imagine blue starirs on Uptown on the other hand. You can (and will) get shot by people you can barely see on Market or West Roof. You take cover from them? Now you can get shot from Skybar (/Construction). They can also RPG you from Skybar. And they can nade you from Lower planer. And you'll get rushed from North Alley. It takes a lot of practice and situational awareness to decide when and how to play that position - because if you pull it off, it can be quite effective. Inner doesn't have such complicated spots.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 337Player
    Inner hospital has the AA2 special forces energy.
  • phil.svphil.sv Posts: 35Player
    Because it is the PERFECT map.
    There is not a single point where you do not risk being caught on the hips or shoulders.
    The dimensions are perfect for 12 vs 12 4-minute fights (the complete Hospital map is nice but too big ... and in fact nobody plays it).