Please bring back Votekicking

Hello,

Please bring back votekicking in the official servers or do something about the ghosting.
See attached

or url below
https://imgur.com/BDyZ7AC

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    You don’t honestly believe that is evidence do you?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 150Beta Tester
    edited October 27
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 775Administrator
    Hi FRB_Theo, I am sorry to say that unless you are able to provide some sort of evidence of ghosting there is nothing that will be done. If you do however get some evidence to back up your theory we will be more then happy to look at it here: https://www.americasarmy.com/support/abuse

You can also make an official request for bringing back vote kicks in the game support request. I am not entirely sure why they are shut off but it would be my guess that it may be due to players kicking players with no facts.

Thank you for your concern.
  • FRB_TheoFRB_Theo Posts: 8Player
    edited October 28
    I'm not saying he is ghosting. All im saying is that he could be ghosting. Which is annoying by itself. Ghosting is a huge part of this game since you guys made it so easily available. I dont have any proof that this guy is ghosting. Its just annoying that we cant kick the spectator to make sure.

mind you, he could have joined his mates team.
    OICURMT! wrote: »

You dont honestly believe that he could not have been ghosting?
  • -=[DISF]=-Max-=[DISF]=-Max Posts: 246Player
    Sometimes it is useful to take beating from someone.. who accuse him of ghosting
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 825Player
    FRB_Theo wrote: »
    I'm not saying he is ghosting. All im saying is that he could be ghosting.

He could also be taking a leak, getting a drink, kissing his wife and kids goodnight. Being in spectate, doesn't justify a kick. It's funny hearing you complain about this but not about the guy you were playing with, makes me believe this request has its alternative motive.
    ~Gorilla~ wrote: »
    Hi FRB_Theo, I am sorry to say that unless you are able to provide some sort of evidence of ghosting there is nothing that will be done. If you do however get some evidence to back up your theory we will be more then happy to look at it here: https://www.americasarmy.com/support/abuse

You can also make an official request for bringing back vote kicks in the game support request. I am not entirely sure why they are shut off but it would be my guess that it may be due to players kicking players with no facts.

Thank you for your concern.

i started a discussion there but it seems that it has been removed. I guess that seals it.
    edited October 29
    I'm not saying he is ghosting. All im saying is that he could be ghosting.

He could also be taking a leak, getting a drink, kissing his wife and kids goodnight. Being in spectate, doesn't justify a kick. It's funny hearing you complain about this but not about the guy you were playing with, makes me believe this request has its alternative motive.

Could well be. The guy was in spectator mode for multiple matches. I dont know what alternative motive you are talking about or what guy i was playing with? The guys i am playing with are in my team, or try to be in my team. Please explain.

Anyway i am not complaining about this specific instance. I'm just saying that ghosting is ruining matches. We were able to kick spectators before. We arent anymore.
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 150Beta Tester
    OICURMT! wrote: »

You dont honestly believe that he could not have been ghosting?

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
    I sent you a pm FRB_Theo. You did not make a report in the right place. But i did send you the link.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 365Player
    edited October 30
    Don't think there should be spectators in public matches anyway, not on an official server.
    If you want to sit the round out, I think there's an option for that, but you shouldn't be able to view players outside of your team, unless your team-mate has an enemy player in their field of vision.

I've never been able to spectate players outside of my own team when I die. I also don't know if there's an option to spectate the match on PS4 (been awhile since I last played), but I don't think there is. I'm not sure how it works on PC, but you shouldn't be able to spectate the opposite team, regardless.

Regarding Votekicking, I would like to see the feature added to PS4, but for different reasons. I'd like it to deal with team-mates who flash and grenade their own team mates, trap them in corners, things of that nature. Vote kicks do have their cons though, but I think it would do more harm than good.
    4-yr ROTC Scholarship Recipient

P0asKE2.jpg
  • H.E.A.T.H.E.A.T. Posts: 223Player
    hey all first they have teamspeaker and dicord and ther from they can ghosting and when someone are killd or in specter they will talk to him whos are alive and ther you go whit ghosting.i should not allowd ts and dic becouse ther you hav alot of ghosting LOL
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 825Player
    edited October 30
    I've seen so much complaints about people in spectate, it's just funny that now they want it gone. Usually the people that have something to hide in the first place, but it's part of the game, and will not be removed.

If it makes you uncomfortable that someone maybe watching you, this game isn't for you. But this should not give you the right to insult a player and calling them ghosters for no reason, it's not a players job to make you feel better and help you with your insecurities. :wink:
    I've seen so much complaints about people in spectate, it's just funny that now they want it gone. Usually the people that have something to hide in the first place, but it's part of the game, and will not be removed.

If it makes you uncomfortable that someone maybe watching you, this game isn't for you. But this should not give you the right to insult a player and calling them ghosters for no reason, it's not a players job to make you feel better and help you with your insecurities. :wink:

I have just started playing this game a couple of months ago. I dont know whom you mean by "they". Please do stop making a fool of yourself with your assumptions and accusations thanks. I do not know you and you do not know me.
    ~Gorilla~ wrote: »
    I sent you a pm FRB_Theo. You did not make a report in the right place. But i did send you the link.

thanks, will check it out.
  • RZIntegraRZIntegra Posts: 47Player
    After taking a break from this game and Forums for a few months I guess things haven't really changed a lot.
    Keep it clean guys,

Read the forum rules.

https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/3/forums-rules#latest
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 644Player
    Don't think there should be spectators in public matches anyway, not on an official server.
    If you want to sit the round out, I think there's an option for that, but you shouldn't be able to view players outside of your team, unless your team-mate has an enemy player in their field of vision.

I've never been able to spectate players outside of my own team when I die. I also don't know if there's an option to spectate the match on PS4 (been awhile since I last played), but I don't think there is. I'm not sure how it works on PC, but you shouldn't be able to spectate the opposite team, regardless.

Regarding Votekicking, I would like to see the feature added to PS4, but for different reasons. I'd like it to deal with team-mates who flash and grenade their own team mates, trap them in corners, things of that nature. Vote kicks do have their cons though, but I think it would do more harm than good.

I'm not sure how it is on PS4, but on PC when you join a server you have to pick a team from there. If you don't pick a team, you're basically in spectate. If you need to go AFK for a few rounds, you can also go to spectate to skip rounds but stay in the server. Lastly, servers usually have at least a few extra slots, sort of like a waiting area, for people to join the server even if both teams are full. You can watch any player on either team.

I haven't played for a while, but I would sometimes go to spectate to watch a player I suspected of cheating. I was able to get a few cheaters banned that way by live-streaming their play on Twitch and having former Dev Tots take a look. My point is that there are legitimate reasons for players being in spectate. In private servers the admins often tell people to join a team and remove them if they do not. I don't remember what server options are available, but is it possible to auto-kick people from spectate for spending X amount of rounds or X amount of minutes in spectate? That wouldn't stop people from actually ghosting, but it could help eliminate some cases like this where ghosting is suspected.

I agree that bringing back votekick is likely the worst of any possible solutions including doing nothing, but I wanted to at least throw out some potential other options.
  • SL_zOMbiSL_zOMbi Posts: 104Player
    no
    index.php?soldier=zOmbi-