Not allowed name in the game

Hi
We are most probobly one of the most longest existing clan on AA Europe. Today we noticed that when we try to register new clan member we couldn't because of our clan tag {P-A-S}. We noticed that sings {} are not allowed? Can we do something with that? Don't really want to change our clan tag .... we have it since 2001.

Thanks for help.
Regards

Comments

• -=[DISF]=-Max-=[DISF]=-Max Posts: 250Player
    I remember very hard battles on mountain pass in aa2 against the P-A-S, i hope they solve this problem
  • ^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0-TTV^^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0-TTV^ Posts: 854Player
    edited October 2020
    They have been blocked for both security related and performance related issues.
  • {P-A-S}Roweros{P-A-S}Roweros Posts: 2Player
    They have been blocked for both security related and performance related issues.

Are you for real? or you just messing around?
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    A lot of the special characters is not system safe, they should never been used in the first place.
    Its not really a new issue, but it has slipped through the cracks a few times.
    One example: https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/comment/68939/#Comment_68939
    (we had a lot in the old forums, but its long gone now)
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • [soldier][soldier] Posts: 171Player

That's pretty much 100% nonsense. Not that I don't believe you were told that.
  • [soldier] wrote: »

That's pretty much 100% nonsense. Not that I don't believe you were told that.

Since I was curious because I used it in a name to bypass the name block by using {} as a Q, I asked the reason behind it and I was told that it was removed because of their ulterior functions behind the scenes effecting random things for example the soldier page's and stuff like that.
  • =[4F]=BlackEagle=[4F]=BlackEagle Posts: 7Beta Tester
    As a member of another clan that will now be looking at having to rethink our clan tag if we are going to grow, what do you see as the best possible replacement - ( ) or [ ]? Could [ ] be used in a similar way as { }?
    Black-Eagle-Sig.jpg
  • {4F}Rook wrote: »
    As a member of another clan that will now be looking at having to rethink our clan tag if we are going to grow, what do you see as the best possible replacement - ( ) or [ ]? Could [ ] be used in a similar way as { }?

Sure, I mean I always preferred [] over (). It only looks weird if you read the game chat because then you get for example with my name [[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian]. Why they have chat like that beats me, but if its something you can look passed it should not be an issue.
    What I am wondering is if the { character was removed, could they remove the [ as well? Wondering if it would be a safer bet to use the ( instead. Don't want to have the same situation again in a few years or months.
    Black-Eagle-Sig.jpg
  • {4F}Rook wrote: »
    What I am wondering is if the { character was removed, could they remove the [ as well? Wondering if it would be a safer bet to use the ( instead. Don't want to have the same situation again in a few years or months.

Highly doubt the use of [ ] will do anything bad, depending on how the coder sets things up, so I can't answer that for 100% but personally think it will not be removed. < > on the other hand should be removed, that allows me to remove my steam name and in-game name to be removed from the scoreboard :expressionless:
    Might want to remove that from here as it isn't a great idea to advertise if you know what I mean.
    Black-Eagle-Sig.jpg
  • It's public knowledge, so not a big issue ;)