2.8.5 Remaster

Please.. give me Bridge Crossing, insurgent, pipeline, SF Hospital, Csar, all of it again. Marksman training to be able to use sniper classes, and the Special Forces training. What a masterpiece, I tell everyone how this was hands down the best game ever made and I think it would do so good today.
Remaster 2.8.5?
  1. Yes PLEASE! 8 votes
    1. Yes
      62.50%
    2. Hell ya
      37.50%

Comments

• CoverluxCoverlux Posts: 26Player
    Remaster as in with the same equipment/historical setting? I would rather have AA5 with all the new stuff, but I did enjoy AA2 as well. I really hope that AA5 will be again like it felt for me with AA2/AA3. Proving Grounds is ok, but it didn't hit me like version 2 and 3. I think the previous verions felt more authentic to me.
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 316Player
    If you want old school America's Army, you have a few choices-

1- AA Assist, some guys made America's army 2.5 functional, and working near flawlessly. Note, it doesn't sound the exact same as sound processing no longer calculated on hardware.

2- ArmyOps- indie game made by @polygonart where he is half remaking Old AA, half bringing in the good / modern elements of AAPG.

3- Wait for AA5, if it's still happening. What we know so far, is if it's still being worked on, it's a 3rd person hero shooter. Which is nothing like AA2.

4- time travel?
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited September 21
    we know so far, is if it's still being worked on, it's a 3rd person hero shooter. Which is nothing like AA2.

Curious, is that based on public information or just sources?

Personally, it seems like Army Ops is our best bet. Honestly, there's part of me that'd rather a 3rd party create a true successor to AA2. Too much red tape with a government created non-profit game. Of course, I tend to worry about quality any time I hear about someone trying to create a game by themselves.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 316Player
    we know so far, is if it's still being worked on, it's a 3rd person hero shooter. Which is nothing like AA2.

Curious, is that based on public information or just sources?

Personally, it seems like Army Ops is our best bet. Honestly, there's part of me that'd rather a 3rd party create a true successor to AA2. Too much red tape with a government created non-profit game. Of course, I tend to worry about quality any time I hear about someone trying to create a game by themselves.

Semi-public, if you know where to search you can find it.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 720Player
    What we know so far, is if it's still being worked on, it's a 3rd person hero shooter. Which is nothing like AA2.
    RIP AA

edited September 22
    Semi-public, if you know where to search you can find it.

A hero shooter wouldn't bother me, they could actually get really creative with that concept. It can give the game some personality... I mean R6S pretty much is a hero shooter as well, so it's certainly something that you can make work within the tactical shooter framework. I know that I've even suggested such a thing once or twice.

However, TPP is a bad idea. The only 3rd person shooter that's popular is Fortnite (I guess technically PUBG's TPP mode had more players), but outside the BR space there's not a single TPP shooter that has a large following. Not because it hasn't been done, but because you can't make a competitive game based around the 3rd person platform. TPP automatically allows you to play corners, windows, cover, and such in a way that would be impossible on FPP. Just doesn't work.
  • CoverluxCoverlux Posts: 26Player
    I hope that we will get some news soon. The next gen consoles are around the corner and I could see the army hit the ground running with the next AA being released on all big platforms at the same time. Then again I could be wrong.
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 87Player
    You would think advertising prior would be helpful.
    edited September 28
    Coverlux wrote: »
    I hope that we will get some news soon. The next gen consoles are around the corner and I could see the army hit the ground running with the next AA being released on all big platforms at the same time. Then again I could be wrong.

One of the big things that AAO had going for it was that it was the first game on UE2 (which was a huge deal at the time). Getting in on the next wave of consoles would be a nice way to get into the market early. Although, sometimes the earlier releases on new consoles don't take full advantage of the console's capabilities like later releases.