PS4 Trophies

sicknassteesicknasstee Posts: 3Player
There are achievements when I look at my stats on here. But, there are no trophies for PS4...

Why is this? Trophies give a sense of accomplishment, and I had no idea of some of the achievements that I completed or never completed.

For example, I almost got the one achievement because I had a 30 kill game. Needed 33.

Would there be plans to add these in the future?

Comments

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,056Moderator
    edited June 23
    i guess you play on a different account, because your PS4 acc. isn't linked to this site.

BTW. What do you mean by "trophies"?
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 596Beta Tester
    I think "Trophies" are kind of like Steam achievements (=not only in game), but on the PS4 platform. They also give you some sort of Trophy Points. I think the sum of all Trophy Point from all games give you some sort of level, which is a way to show you dedication to gaming (?), A.K.A. trophies give you bragging rights.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • sicknassteesicknasstee Posts: 3Player
    frankof wrote: »
    i guess you play on a different account, because your PS4 acc. isn't linked to this site.

BTW. What do you mean by "trophies"?

It should be linked. I will have to check.

And, yes, trophies are in fact just achievements, which, yes, sum up and level up essentially.
  • xRunexRune Posts: 1Player
    There's an old post that showed up when I googled this btw, something about the game being totally free means they can't have Trophies on PSN according to that.
  • sicknassteesicknasstee Posts: 3Player
    xRune wrote: »
    There's an old post that showed up when I googled this btw, something about the game being totally free means they can't have Trophies on PSN according to that.

This isn't true. Apex Legends, for example, has trophies and is a free game. Most of them do, in fact. I don't believe they can have platinum trophies, but they can definitely have normal ones.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 596Beta Tester

This isn't true. Apex Legends, for example, has trophies and is a free game. Most of them do, in fact. I don't believe they can have platinum trophies, but they can definitely have normal ones.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but Apex does have an in-game shop, microtransactions, etc. So Apex is free-to-play, not free.
    AAPG is free, as there is literally no way for you to spend money on it.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 356Player
    edited July 17

Free games can have platinum trophies too. A few of them do.
    4-yr ROTC Scholarship Recipient

P0asKE2.jpg