For Dev Team 2020

AE.|flipAE.|flip Posts: 8Player
Im very disapointed of your game at the moment, since the release of RPG, it completely ruin the games vision.

Yes - having new weapons is good but its very one biased of that we had to kill the enemy for better DMG rate and fire rate.

I only wish there;
- region lock for all servers, the frustration of players with high pingers killing low pingers is wrong and unbalance. The packets and clients ping is affecting our "my" gameplay and style.
- rework maps and constant changes to make the game better and balance
- buffs and nerf for all weapons
- roadmap of whats planned ahead its being many years of no new content since Stone Ruins.

I really hope to see this game better this mid-year, I really hope it gets back its potential and its future as its already dying of players moving onto the next game like COD BR, Apex Legends, Fortnite, there is no match for those games which being a huge hit since the past few years.

Comments

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 601Beta Tester
    Some forum posts suggest that AAPG is going to receive some sort of update. I would not expect anything groundbreaking thou. The next AA game is in the works, the attention is probably focused on that.

I don't understand you about weapon and map changes.
    "- buffs and nerf for all weapons" So make all of them better and worse.... makes sense...
    Just to keep things "interesting"? I'm all in for new weapons, but I don't think messing with the current weapons is a good idea. They were untouched for years. A significant proportion of the current playerbase used them for years, and I think many will be upset, if the weapons were changed. AAPG is not the type of game, where things are getting shuffled around just for the fun of it.
    Many weapon categories have a single weapon in them (LMG? M249, Sniper? M24, etc). If you want these categories to fill their roles, you can't change things drastically... Maybe the SCAR could be buffed a bit to make competition for the M4, but I don't see much else to change.

The team making AAPG is most likely much smaller than those AAA studios making the current top games. They can't pump out content like that for a 5+ year-old game, while the sequel is in the works. Don't get me wrong: I'd love to have new things to play with. I just don't think it will happen.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 146Beta Tester
    Im very disapointed of your game at the moment, since the release of RPG, it completely ruin the games vision.

[snip]

- region lock for all servers, the frustration of players with high pingers killing low pingers is wrong and unbalance. The packets and clients ping is affecting our "my" gameplay and style.
    - buffs and nerf for all weapons
    [snip]
    • the RPG-7 is a real weapon, which can be encountered in real world situations. Dev's added it, get over it.
    • High ping is a relative term... can you please define it?
    • to the best of my knowledge, the netcode has not been touched since 2016
    • If you do the calcs for ping between two players, you'll realize that the difference balances out. People complain all the time about ping, but the facts do not support the argument for a range of pings that are reasonable (i.e. 0-300ms).
    • I play on servers in NA, Europe and Australia. Once I get used to the latency (or lack thereof), I generally improve and get back to a decent K/D.

Regarding PING.... Suggest you load up Podcast 21

Some interpretive notes regarding the podcast (Oct 20, 2016).
    • alot of people don't remember the game play when the game was initially released and complain that now it's too laggy. The truth is that the game plays smoother now than previous versions.
    • there are interesting comments regarding tickrates and gameplay @ 5:00
    • the game is built for clientside, so consquently the lag differential is between the two clients via the server.
    • I believe Kartigan once stated that the optimal ping for the netcode was around 120ms-150ms, with 200ms-300ms being playable.
    • Starting at 10:40 you should REALLY LISTEN TO WHAT KARTIGAN STATES regarding ping and (at 11:15) latency...
    • note that Kartigan did his testing from low ping to high ping (up to 500ms)

Additional comments...
    On a personal note to the Dev's, I wish they would...
    1. use impact ballistic (Hornady). This would completely eliminate the argument of how powerful a weapon/round combination is. Thus buffs-n-nerfs are irrelavent.
    2. Separate keys for interacting with objective, healing & securing
    3. Separate keys for hopping, vaulting with significant penalties for hopping

OIC!
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?