recoil

i consider myself intermediate at the game but ive always struggled with recoil and i want to know the best ways to train with it, and maybe you can tell me techniques what ive done was pull down in a hard right angle but now more in a horizontal angle altiitle to the right but it still misses or flys over heads, am i doing the wrong technique, next with breathing and the gun going up and down should i keep it head level or bring it down so when it goes up itll be head level, and last i heard that the m4a1s recoil is based of the actual sway of the m4 i have no idea where to look for a sheet with the sway pattern on this or if its true thank you in advance

Comments

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,045Moderator
    Aim and single shot.
    The sway and recoil is sort of semi random, but in general, pull down and to the left.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 348Player
    edited March 20
    frankof wrote: »
    Aim and single shot.
    The sway and recoil is sort of semi random, but in general, pull down and to the left.

^ This. Single shots are for far range of course (60+ meters), but other than that you should use auto.

You want to aim shoulder/head level because the first few shots will be the most accurate, giving you a quick easy kill. But aiming center mass isn't a bad idea either, since the hit box is bigger -- meaning you're less likely to miss due to the recoil, especially if you're under fire.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • Saddam-jamalSaddam-jamal Posts: 6Player
    frankof wrote: »
    Aim and single shot.

^ This. Single shots are for far range of course (60+ meters), but other than that you should use auto.

You want to aim shoulder/head level because the first few shots will be the most accurate, giving you a quick easy kill. But aiming center mass isn't a bad idea either, since the hit box is bigger -- meaning you're less likely to miss due to the recoil, especially if you're under fire.

How drastically should I pull left?
  • -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 756Administrator
    That all Depends on your mouse and sensitivity set up. Some HC gamers play with the sensitivity cranked. But they have trained for hours on battling movement. You just need to do the same. Don't forget you can hold spacebar to steady the shot for a short period.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 707Player
    spray n pray

recoil on the m4 is always up and to the right.
  • AE.|kinDIACTAE.|kinDIACT Posts: 31Player
    edited March 29
    Ok. Reading these it looks like not a lot of people are giving the right advice. The recoil is random after a single spray occurs. Yes pull down and left but knowing how much to pull down you can't ask its just practice. With myself I barley ever single shot. I have practiced enough to control spray and where the head will be when going around corners.

What I suggest personally after 4 years of the game is going offline or in a server browser lobby with no one in the server and practice with the m4. In warmup you can shoot as much as you want and you will never lose a clip it will always reset. With the recoil sometimes its a lot and you can't control it and other times there is very little and can control it very easy.

If you go to spray and you can already tell you can barley handle the recoil/spray then stop firing and reset. Back away from the fight and go to a different angle or crouch in cover straight away (Of course depends how open you are and if you have any cover) then peek back up and spray again and re engage the fight. Its very random and just depends on the game how much recoil you will have.

Sometimes when you are even full hp at a start of a round sometimes the recoil is crazy. So I suggest to try those little things and see how you go. If you want some more help feel free to contact me on my steam and I am more then happy to teach you a few things.

I saw Gorilla also talking about HC players having the sens cranked I don't. I play on 400 DPI and 8.5 ingame SENS. Its all about how comfortable you are while playing.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/kinDIACT/
    http://www.aastats.com/player_stats.php?guid=AE.|kinDIACT&platform=PC
    Ok. Reading these it looks like not a lot of people are giving the right advice. The recoil is random after a single spray occurs. Yes pull down and left but knowing how much to pull down you can't ask its just practice. With myself I barley ever single shot. I have practiced enough to control spray and where the head will be when going around corners.

What I suggest personally after 4 years of the game is going offline or in a server browser lobby with no one in the server and practice with the m4. In warmup you can shoot as much as you want and you will never lose a clip it will always reset. With the recoil sometimes its a lot and you can't control it and other times there is very little and can control it very easy.

If you go to spray and you can already tell you can barley handle the recoil/spray then stop firing and reset. Back away from the fight and go to a different angle or crouch in cover straight away (Of course depends how open you are and if you have any cover) then peek back up and spray again and re engage the fight. Its very random and just depends on the game how much recoil you will have.

Sometimes when you are even full hp at a start of a round sometimes the recoil is crazy. So I suggest to try those little things and see how you go. If you want some more help feel free to contact me on my steam and I am more then happy to teach you a few things.

I saw Gorilla also talking about HC players having the sens cranked I don't. I play on 400 DPI and 8.5 ingame SENS. Its all about how comfortable you are while playing.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/kinDIACT/
    http://www.aastats.com/player_stats.php?guid=AE.|kinDIACT&platform=PC

Thanks man, I have gotten alot better but I have trouble in cqc and long ranged engagements but in medium range I usually win
  • [!ReDRuM!]Z0naGaming?[!ReDRuM!]Z0naGaming? Posts: 779Player
    You should ignore spraying, single fire will get you further.
    - Aim is more stable, so your shoot more accurately.
    - Works for all ranges, close, medium and long. keep in mind, long range aim a little above the head to counter bullet drop. Think about that on ranges like Garden to Dark/Lobby Desk.
    - Find the right button spam spacing, clicking to fast can throw you off aim or get you accused by randoms. Clicking to slow gets you killed. Takes a few to get the right click speed.
    - Doing that for a week also improves your aim overall.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 707Player
    single shot in CQC is generally not good IMO. If you're really really close, I dont even bother using ADS, I hip fire. When you die, spectate the good players.. you can still learn while dead
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 581Beta Tester
    About recoil: I agree with the others. Load up a map in single player and fire away. But I think you should focus on accuracy over recoil control. If you hit your first couple of shots, you don't have to worry about recoil as much. If you go against good players, firefights are usually about headshots and accuracy, not about controlling the recoil on the 19th bullet... You are dead long before the 19th bullet.

If you want to practice the single shot technique, I recommend the M16+red dot in semi auto mode. The M16 sways slower than the M4, thus it is easier to be accurate mid-long range. Regarding CQC with this setup: if you practice, you can click pretty fast. I can do max 600 RPM for short time without any tricks, that is as fast as the AK-105. Hipfire is definitely useful in CQC.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • -e^1-bumblebee^-e^1-bumblebee^ Posts: 27Player
    The truth is, if you want to be a good player you have to practice. Not just recoil and accuracy. It is very important to hear opponents, know the map, know where teammates run at the beginning of the round. Getting single frags is rewarding, but winning matches is the most important thing. :)

P.S.
    For accuracy I recommend https://aiming.pro/
    The truth is, if you want to be a good player you have to practice. Not just recoil and accuracy. It is very important to hear opponents, know the map, know where teammates run at the beginning of the round. Getting single frags is rewarding, but winning matches is the most important thing. :)

P.S.

Right, you need more to succeed than shooting skills.

I'd really not use that site thou. As it runs in the browser, you have mouse acceleration turned on (unless you somehow turn in off in Windows). In the game, you don't. Training on that site doesn't translate to in-game accuracy - it might even mess with your aim IMO.

You are better off developing your muscle memory in empty maps or in other games like CSGO. CSGO is free to play anyway, and it has some fantastic aim training maps. Just make sure, that you use the same mouse settings in AAPG and CSGO (=moving your mouse a certain distance should cause the same amount of rotation).
  • -e^1-bumblebee^-e^1-bumblebee^ Posts: 27Player
    If you remove mouse acceleration you can train on browser.
    If you remove mouse acceleration you can train on browser.

Alright I removed acceleration I should be alright to train on this? Right?

P.S.

I'd really not use that site thou. As it runs in the browser, you have mouse acceleration turned on (unless you somehow turn in off in Windows). In the game, you don't. Training on that site doesn't translate to in-game accuracy - it might even mess with your aim IMO.

You are better off developing your muscle memory in empty maps or in other games like CSGO. CSGO is free to play anyway, and it has some fantastic aim training maps. Just make sure, that you use the same mouse settings in AAPG and CSGO (=moving your mouse a certain distance should cause the same amount of rotation).

How to I put the same sens on both games

P.S.

I don't know any "proper" methods... Measure, how much mouse movement is needed in AAPG for a full turn. Then go tho CSGO, and adjust you settings until you need the same amount of mouse movement in CS as in AAPG for a full rotation.

P.S.

I don't know any "proper" methods... Measure, how much mouse movement is needed in AAPG for a full turn. Then go tho CSGO, and adjust you settings until you need the same amount of mouse movement in CS as in AAPG for a full rotation.

I already got it