Kicked: PunkBuster kicked player

Tripple7sTripple7s Posts: 3Player
edited February 26 in Game Support
Kicked: PunkBuster kicked Player
Tripple7s (for 0 minutes)...
RESTRICTION: Service Communication
I get into the game and games says i been autarized to play and then it kicks me.
Im running windows 8.1 if that helps.

Comments

• Tripple7sTripple7s Posts: 3Player
    After i sign in to diffrent map the game lets me play but its on 1 map that doesnt allow me IN Flo_InnerHospital_EX
  • [KAOS]-Doc.Blade[KAOS]-Doc.Blade Posts: 31Beta Tester
    Does this happen every time that map comes up? For example, if you join when it is on that map only, or if you are in the server fragging for a map or more, then map changes to that map, does it kick you then?

Would suggest a couple of things to start (sorry if you know these steps, just like to give all information, so there is no long delay waiting for someone to get back to you if you dont):

Go into your Steam Library, right click on AAPG, then left click on Properties. Then left click on the LOCAL FILES tab. Then left click on the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES... button.

Once that has run, try it again.

If problem still persists, would suggest going to evenbalance, downloading their PBSETUP.EXE file, run it, select AAPG, point it to the correct directory for PB on your computer, then run the update tool. Generally in one of 2 locations, depending on the version of windows you have:

C:\Users\{USER}\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\PG\pb
    or
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\pb

(Can be in other locations sometimes too, depending on windows version. I think Windows 7 was in C:\Users\{USER}\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\Binaries\Win32 from memory.

Once PBSETUP has run, try the game again,

Hopefully this will fix the issue for you.

If not, (only do ths as an absolute last resort!), you may need to delete the map itself from Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\AAGame\CookedPC\Maps (make sure to get files for Hospy in the root directory AND the folder(s) for Hospy too. Once deleted, do the verify game files step above to re-aquire them.

Hope this helps :)
    Found a bug or having a challenge with the game, please submit a bug report so the DEV Team are aware of it, and can work to fix it. Please dont ignore it, and not worry, as you can be helping other people too by submitting a bug report. Click the link below, doesnt take long to do.
    http://bugreport.americasarmy.com
  • [KAOS]-Doc.Blade[KAOS]-Doc.Blade Posts: 31Beta Tester
    also, is it only on the Extract (EX) version of the map, or does it do it on the VIP version too?
    Found a bug or having a challenge with the game, please submit a bug report so the DEV Team are aware of it, and can work to fix it. Please dont ignore it, and not worry, as you can be helping other people too by submitting a bug report. Click the link below, doesnt take long to do.
    http://bugreport.americasarmy.com
  • [!ReDRuM!]Damian[!ReDRuM!]Damian Posts: 758Player
    edited February 27
    New players will always have this kick, unless the devs start to listen to me and finally update their installation files with the latest PB version for the game every new player or people with a fresh install of windows will face this issue.

Never run the "Verify integrity" for a PunkBuster issues, that will not fix it. Use the official tools from EvenBalance website and nothing else, not even the ones in the game folder.

First lets update your PunkBuster by running:
    http://evenbalance.com/pbsetup.php

To check if everything is running correctly run:
    http://evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

Once you have done that, join a clan/private server and see if your issue is resolved.
    Joining a Official server will not help, those do not run PunkBuster.
  • H.E.A.T.H.E.A.T. Posts: 197Player
    lol 145 today but i did update that punkbuster and i can join the game .)
  • [!ReDRuM!]Damian[!ReDRuM!]Damian Posts: 758Player
    lol 145 today but i did update that punkbuster and i can join the game .)

145 is not related to PunkBuster kicks, thats Auth Server :wink: