Friendly Fire Rules...?

PureFettyPureFetty Posts: 10Map Guru
What exactly gets you kicked for friendly fire? I've had times where I accidentally shot a teammate while trying to shoot an enemy. Sloppy gameplay, sure, but why would I get kicked for that?

Meanwhile I recently had a team mate kill me 4 rounds in a row with grenades while they were sending me derogatory messages on PSN, and they never got kicked for friendly fire.

What am I missing here...? How exactly do the servers decide who to kick when it comes to friendly fire?
"He who controls the battlefield, controls history." - Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid 4

Comments

• Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 371Moderator
    each server can set its own ROE limits
    The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
  • PureFettyPureFetty Posts: 10Map Guru
    Bear_82 wrote: »

Do you happen to know the range of how much those rules can vary from server to server?
    "He who controls the battlefield, controls history." - Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid 4
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 74Player
    PS4 is doesn't have different settings from server to server. What I have noticed is if there is FF closer to the beginning of the start time, it is almost always an auto kick. Not sure past that though.
  • -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 724Moderator
    Best idea is, just don't do it.
  • [!ReDRuM!]Damian[!ReDRuM!]Damian Posts: 743Player
    PureFetty wrote: »
    Bear_82 wrote: »

Do you happen to know the range of how much those rules can vary from server to server?

That all depends if the server owner knows his way in the configs, standard i believe its 400 / 4. Myself reduced it to 200 / 2 that way less damage can be given before the player is punished.

jgvn11 wrote: »
    PS4 is doesn't have different settings from server to server. What I have noticed is if there is FF closer to the beginning of the start time, it is almost always an auto kick. Not sure past that though.

Same as the PC version, beginning of rounds it's auto kick. There is a hidden time limit on it, not sure how long. After that limit it go's to damage points.