• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    miss aaotracker when it was all about AA... battletracker pffft. :/

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    Bam4D wrote: »
    miss aaotracker when it was all about AA... battletracker pffft. :/

12ampage and I were all in and ready to do this. You would have a fully functional tracker like the good old days right now. But we were never given the support to complete our project.... We're actually STILL waiting on it to this day. (about a year and a half since starting this project originally).

Since im starting graduate school I won't be able to work on it even if the dev's did eventually give us the tools. Maybe 12ampage has some will to do it.

Probably too little too late for us. We would have constructed the best tracker this game would have ever seen.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    So has anybody made one yet or what? considering the game is now 'out' :mrgreen:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• 12ampage12ampage Posts: 64Player
    So has anybody made one yet or what? considering the game is now 'out' :mrgreen:

As far as I know nothing ever happened with this, it got reprioritized by the dev team. At this point, similar to ekcomm, i'm swamped at work so even if it is released i won't be doing any immediate work with it. Maybe next year...
  • -=DA=-Tw!$t3d-=DA=-Tw!$t3d Posts: 65Player
    edited October 2015
    The API is real.....
  • [DCG].Flea[DCG].Flea Posts: 5Player
    any word on this API yet?
  • DeltaKiloDeltaKilo Posts: 146Developer
    It is not available yet, still finalizing the design for it
  • -=DA=-GUNNZZY-=DA=-GUNNZZY Posts: 18Player
    After rethinking this I think it is best if we have someone who plays this game or has played this game doing the stats site. As much as I like battletracker I just think its better to have someone we know is 100% dedicated and would take feedback from community etc. If ekcomm and 12ampage want to do it that would be awesome. If anyone else is interested in helping I suggest you get in contact with them ASAP. No need to have a bunch of sites tracking stats. We want 1 site that is very successful.

how about twisted then,i mean we have the resources,the sig stats works perfect,we can and would be intrested in doing this for everyone if needed..
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    After rethinking this I think it is best if we have someone who plays this game or has played this game doing the stats site. As much as I like battletracker I just think its better to have someone we know is 100% dedicated and would take feedback from community etc. If ekcomm and 12ampage want to do it that would be awesome. If anyone else is interested in helping I suggest you get in contact with them ASAP. No need to have a bunch of sites tracking stats. We want 1 site that is very successful.

how about twisted then,i mean we have the resources,the sig stats works perfect,we can and would be intrested in doing this for everyone if needed..

Sounds good to me. However the devs are not ready yet.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• iDK.ArkeiroiDK.Arkeiro Posts: 775Player
    Hurry up devs! :expressionless:

Over 2k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • ={GIS}=Nesquick={GIS}=Nesquick Posts: 19Player
    Some news on this ?
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    kimonolabs.com is your temp solution!!
  • -=[M]=-Flea-=[M]=-Flea Posts: 9Player
    Still have not seen anything about the code what's up????????
  • .6ix.AliGator.6ix.AliGator Posts: 165Player
    hello?
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    Can you heaaarr me?
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Can you heaaarr me now?

Are you promoting Verizon?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• -=DA=-Tw!$t3d-=DA=-Tw!$t3d Posts: 65Player
    I'd first like to point out that AAPG isn't the only thing on the dev team's plate. And before they open something up thats super prone to have server load issues they want to be sure they have the personnel and resources to deal with it.

Keep in mind, this "Battletracker" like project being discussed here, will not be the only one going up. Chances are on day one, the amount of queries to the public API will be near the 7 figure range.

The way AAOT, Battletracker, what ever you call it worked was buy querying game servers for information. This ment that the end load (At the query destination) was next to nothing, just a server query. However, they way it would need to work this time is to send 10's of 1000's of queries to one server, several times a day with out proper indexing and caching, this can be devastating to a server. And this is just one example of how things can go wrong.

They really are going to make sure when its all said and done and the public API is released, its going to be first and foremost 100% secure for them, as well as load balanced enough that it can serve the wealth of information demanded.

By far, this isn't as simple as flipping a switch.
    Well I can understand them making the code secure but queries are queries for example if you take your public profile on aapg site and include it to your own it still has to run a query...
    i mean take the image above me with the stats in it so either that's static or someone got their hands on some code some where