Kicked by PunkBuster; RESTRICTION: Service Communication

Hello Soldiers, i got this error message:
"Kicked: PunkBuster kicked player 'PlayerName' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication"

I attached picture #1:
It happens everytime i run the game for the first time after the computer has been turned-on.

Then i have to verify integrity of the cache (on steam) in order to play the game, every time i play for the first time.

Afterwards, after the Integrity Check i can play the game normaly until i switch the PC off again.
This is the “VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE” process that i follow every time when trying to run the game for the first time [in the spoiler]
Have you tried this..

1.Open your steam library

2.Right Click on “America’s Army: Proving Grounds” and select Properties

3.Click on the “Local Files” tab

4.Click on the button labeled “VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE”

5.A new window will appear with a progress bar. You will most likely get a message stating “X files failed to validate and will be reacquired.”. This is normal. Click the “Close” button

6.Click the “Close” button on the tabbed window.

7.Start your America’s Army game. You may get a Windows System warning about steamservice. Click accept

8.You will now be greeted with a window called “PunkBuster End User License Agreement”. Click “I Agree”.

9.PunkBuster will now run through a variety of tests and file downloads. Click the “Next” button when it’s complete.

10.More tests and if everything went well, you will get a new window stating “Tests completed successfully without error.” Click the “Ok” button.

11.Click the “Finish” button.

12.The game will now start and most likely your issues have been resolved and you can begin playing on the server again

I also allowed America's Army: Proving Grounds in my Windows Firewall and both PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB (I also have Avira Anti-Virus: did also allowed those apps there).
When I allowed those apps I thought it will sort things out, but I noticed something when installing PUNKBUSTER when verifing steam files:

Checking firewall settings --- (in green colour)- OFF
Is PnkBstrA explicitly allowed?
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe --- (in blue colour)- NO
Is PnkBstrB explicitly allowed?
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe --- (in blue colour)- NO
Checking if PnkBstrB is running --- (in green colour)- NOT RUNNING

As in the second image I attached, aswell.
If it help, I use:
- Windows 10 x64 with AMD hardware
- Athlon X4 750K 3,4Gh, Quad Core
- Radeon R7 200 Series
- 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card

Comments

• Maggot2468Maggot2468 Posts: 1Player
    I am having the exact same issue and haven't found a solution.
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 632Moderator
    PB communication errors are almost always related to network issues. (Security software blocking or hardware/network blocking)
  • -]H[-Feertti-]H[-Feertti Posts: 7Player
    Got a same error "Kicked by PunkBuster; RESTRICTION: Service Communication"
    I notice from console that error was PnkBstrb.exe communication failure.

So I deleted all PnkBstrb files and run PBSetUp from evenbalance https://www.evenbalance.com/pbsetup.php
    Note that AAPG game directory was old 'closed beta' and you have to give current game directory Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32

After I run a game it made new PnkBstrb.exe to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory
    and now everything works fine:)
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 632Moderator
    "- wrote:
    H[-Feertti;67797"]Got a same error "Kicked by PunkBuster; RESTRICTION: Service Communication"
    I notice from console that error was PnkBstrb.exe communication failure.

So I deleted all PnkBstrb files and run PBSetUp from evenbalance https://www.evenbalance.com/pbsetup.php
    Note that AAPG game directory was old 'closed beta' and you have to give current game directory Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32

After I run a game it made new PnkBstrb.exe to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory
    and now everything works fine:)

Thanks Feertti,
    PB MUST be in your windows directory
  • -]H[-Feertti-]H[-Feertti Posts: 7Player
    Happend again, same problem with PnkBstrB failure.
    Game made PnkBstrB.ex0 file.
    All I had to do was delete PnkBstrB.xtr file (from C:\Windows\SysWOW64) and restart the game when it made new PnkBstrB.xtr file.
    And I had no more problem with PnkBstrB.