Random AAPickup Factory Weapon

Hi All,

My map is nearing completion, however aftr solving all the other issues so far i am stuck on trying to get the pickupweapons to spawn in random places on the map. I can do it with any moveable mesh, works perfectly, but the AAPickup just doesnt move. Ive tried move actor, teleport, nothing works. The weapon will spawn where you dropped it in the editor.

Does anyone have a way to do this?

Basically i want a few weapons to be strewn around the map to reflect battle casualties, but i dont want them to be in the same place every round.

Comments

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 642Player
    maybe try something like this works with spawn points

Capture.JPG 29.2K
  • 13Cav.Kendmac13Cav.Kendmac Posts: 73Player
    Thanks for that Lobo, never gave that way a thought, Just tried it out and no it doesnt work, the Weapon pickup dont get affected at all by the kismet.

I was hoping to use the weapon pickup,, but was thinking of moving a trigger to random positions and at that trigger use the kismet command to give a weapon , then hide the weapon mesh on the ground and use a HUD prompt to initiate the pickup, it works in my head and planned out on paper . but if i cant find a way to use the aapickup. ill have to try that

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 548Beta Tester
    edited September 20
    Idea for a dirty solution: place the guns in open boxes. If you don't want a weapon to be picked up, spawn the cover of the box, so no one can get the weapon. So only only need to spawn the box covers randomly.

I know that this might not be applicable in every situation. Plus it has drawbacks for sure.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    Lol, now that's thinking outside(inside) of the box. I was hoping to get them scattered on the ground as if dropped during battle. However if i can't get them to work anyother way, ill give them a go. In fact maybe that will even work, could play around with visibility of the box or the physics. Let me give it a try, thanks
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 642Player
    yeah i had a play with it yesterday tried even just to hide it in game and toggle ,but nothing seems to work
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 548Beta Tester
    Lol, now that's thinking outside(inside) of the box. I was hoping to get them scattered on the ground as if dropped during battle. However if i can't get them to work anyother way, ill give them a go. In fact maybe that will even work, could play around with visibility of the box or the physics. Let me give it a try, thanks

It doesn't have to be a box with a cover. :wink: You could place some appropriate debris on top of the guns if you go for that 'post-battle' look. :)
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    Ok managed to get it working. Took a box and turned it upside down. Put all the weapons in each place i would like them to appear. At the start of the round i use random to choose one of the 5 locations. It then toggles the box to hidden, and also changes the physics of the box to no collision. To hide the box i have covered them in bushes, at the same time i make the box hidden i make the bush hidden too, at the end of the round i reset everything. Works in editor now to hope it works once map is published. Thanks Levente for the idea