Time to test 2min rounds on small maps

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    You lack the understanding of the word disadvantage then. It's about weighing advantages and disadvantages of each player, making your game worse doesn't mean you automatically are in a disadvantage.
    When your good yes it does. Maybe your not used to this.

I'm sincerly sorry for owning you with Dem@n and company that one single time we played on a server together. So not sure where you are coming from.
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    he is delayed,his movement is delayed,his aim up reaction time is delayed/moment when he starts firing is delayed by his ping.If you have trouble killing someone with a x3,x4 higher ping than you.The problems are elswhere.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    My point is that really high ping makes you warp.. it's seen all the time.. so if that same thing happens on a lesser scale to someone with normal high ping.. he might not be where I'm shooting!

To back this up, ppl post videos on here of shots missing but kill confirmed, and ppl respond with..it's the ping..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited July 2015
    you are not there where he shoots,his bullets are lagging behind you delayed by his ping in case you are moving/running
    Ok well, since ping both affects the low and high pinger differently it's safe to say that is the reason for a ping limit. Because I want my gaming experience to be less random.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    *Client-side* hit detection. If you're aiming properly on your screen, your shots land.

The high-pinger is hurt because his shots are going to need more time to reach the server for rare close calls.

If the high-pinger is warping around on your screen, what makes you think he isn't seeing stuff jump around on his side, including you? It's hurting the high-pinger every bit as much, if not more.

"He might not be where I'm shooting!" Again -- *client side* detection.

"To back this up, ppl post videos on here of shots missing but kill confirmed, and ppl respond with..it's the ping.." -- Taken out of context. That has been said, for example, in the case of Colts using a spectator view to evaluate another player's shots. That's not how it works.
    edited July 2015
    So I found one example of someone actually warping (no, I've never seen anyone warp at a ping that you consider an advantage already): https://youtube.com/watch?v=EagjkRY4beg&feature=youtu.be
    Now tell me he's having an advantage.
    Yeah I'm guessing that guy has close to 600+ ping.. hence the massive warp, so you're saying someone with 200+ ping wouldn't have something similar to a lesser extent? Just cause you can't notice it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Yeah BC in a perfect environment that may be how it works, but this game is far from perfect. And high pings make it even less perfect.

I played both sides of the ping and I never had issues with being the lowpinger, never encountered someone warping. The video posted is me playing on a highping actually, scoreboard in the end shows the pings.

Just because I can't see something it doesn't mean it's non-existant. Interesting approach and I'm not even gonna try to argue against that, we all know the endless discussions about religion based on this exact statement.
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    Bottom line is, it's annoying to play in a server with high pingers, and it feels much better to play with low pings on a server only.

That's one thing were we can hopefully agree on.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
    Pretty sure 99% of the people will favour a server they have a good ping to, some people however have a best possible ping of ~200. So are we supposed to deny them having fun with this game? I for my part am glad to see some Americans on the EU servers at times most Europeans are asleep and I wanna play some rounds.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    SSKbart wrote: »
    Bottom line is, it's annoying to play in a server with high pingers, and it feels much better to play with low pings on a server only.

That's one thing were we can hopefully agree on.

It's annoying because if you happen to be having a bad day, where you can't seem to hit a barn door and are getting killed more than normal.. they give an outlet for blame. Truth is they are probably having a much harder time than you are with your low ping.

But yes, low pings all around will undoubtedly offer the best experience for all players.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited July 2015
    You lack the understanding of the word disadvantage then. It's about weighing advantages and disadvantages of each player, making your game worse doesn't mean you automatically are in a disadvantage.

I'm sincerly sorry for owning you with Dem@n and company that one single time we played on a server together. So not sure where you are coming from.
    You beat me in a 12v12 pub with like 6 ek guys vs me and hyperlite and a bunch of noobs really nice so proud of you...But lets see you do that in a scrim or match environment. Meanwhile I did this in a scrim environment against a truly skilled EU team on there server with my high pings and I bet the hit reg was terrible for them in that scrim.

@19 seconds you can see the scoreboard for players and pings.

But yah keep talking about pubs kid.

Shoutout to EU players with true skill and players I respect.

Bart, Filka, Wanted.

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    That was a nice scrim btw :)
    Good times.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player

Bart, Filka, Wanted.

You forgot about me.
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player

Bart, Filka, Wanted.

You forgot about me.

Yeah, he forgot our professional strawberry picker :smiley:
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    2 minutes sounds kind of fast. Usually takes me one minute to shoot one enemy.
    You should join a team. That could maybe help you improve upon your game a little bit. Learn some good solid team can be a good thing and a lot of Pub Clans can teach you the basics.

You can't teach me reflexes. I'm at the age where everything goes down hill. It's an improvement just to be alive the next day.

310344750_3d77edb7b8.jpg
    googley avatar aapg

You beat me in a 12v12 pub with like 6 ek guys vs me and hyperlite and a bunch of noobs really nice so proud of you...But lets see you do that in a scrim or match environment. Meanwhile I did this in a scrim environment against a truly skilled EU team on there server with my high pings and I bet the hit reg was terrible for them in that scrim.

Bart, Filka, Wanted.

Well, if you think your video from over a year is any relevant go ahead. I watched a few of your games and I'm not slightly impressed, was always longwill carrying you.

Bart, Filka, Wanted.

Well, if you think your video from over a year is any relevant go ahead. I watched a few of your games and I'm not slightly impressed, was always longwill carrying you.
    Where's your scrim videos and match videos and clutch videos? or yah they don't exist. You beat people 8v2 in pubs and brag about it.

Bart, Filka, Wanted.

You forgot about me.

I got respect for you too no worries.