Time to test 2min rounds on small maps

245

Comments

  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    .sauce wrote: »
    So how does movement interp, tickrate and client FPS fit into the networking picture? I mean the server actually updates slower than P1's transit time, could there bit minor blips in that regard? Does interpolation only happen between ticks?

    Graph incoming.

    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    .sauce -- sent you a PM since colts can't handle trying to understand netcode.

    It's a complicated subject and it's hard to give 100% answers on some of the finer details that you're asking about.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    awww no graph?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    So when it comes to time limit it should be map specific.. 2 min on crossfire might work, but on shadowstep it might be a stretch.

    As for high ping vs low ping, I don't find my problem being who sees who first, the problem is the high pinger might not be where you're shooting or seeing him.

    lag spikes create massive jums in player position in game..proven, its seen all the time, people warping. I imagine the same thing is happening with high pings only to a lesser degree.. it's why the hit reg is so bad vs high ping players..

    I don't know if these are facts.. but that's how it feels in game. Feeling>fact .. just like opt in's Devs say the recoil numbers didn't change yet recoil is different.
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    As for high ping vs low ping, I don't find my problem being who sees who first, the problem is the high pinger might not be where you're shooting or seeing him.

    Did you ever play both sides of that? I don't think so.. The issue you are describing happens for both sides while the highpinger has weird movement on top of it. You try peeking a corner and tap your key slightly to get closer to it and end up completely exposed in the open, this is the most annoying thing of playing with a highping.

    If you wanna try both sides ask cK for a scrim if you didn't play them already, I'm sure they'll agree on playing one map on EU and one on NA server and I'm sure you'll understand how highping is far from being advantageous.

    When I was still on that team and we scrimmed Americans it was quite funny how they complained about us having highpings on the first map so we switched to our server. Guess what, they complained every single round about it being unplayable and quickly wanted to go back to their server.
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    edited July 2015
    Less time makes maps much more defense sided.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    As for high ping vs low ping, I don't find my problem being who sees who first, the problem is the high pinger might not be where you're shooting or seeing him.

    Did you ever play both sides of that? I don't think so.. The issue you are describing happens for both sides while the highpinger has weird movement on top of it. You try peeking a corner and tap your key slightly to get closer to it and end up completely exposed in the open, this is the most annoying thing of playing with a highping.

    If you wanna try both sides ask cK for a scrim if you didn't play them already, I'm sure they'll agree on playing one map on EU and one on NA server and I'm sure you'll understand how highping is far from being advantageous.

    When I was still on that team and we scrimmed Americans it was quite funny how they complained about us having highpings on the first map so we switched to our server. Guess what, they complained every single round about it being unplayable and quickly wanted to go back to their server.

    Well, it is not so easy in this game to be honest.

    I will give you an example- AA2 and my case. Long long time ago (around 2005) I used to play on US server before the school time at the morning. Ping difference did not matter there, really. It was totally different situation during 1v1 fights and overal gameplay (in compare to AA:PG).

    But in AA:PG ping really matters. I will not say it promotes higher pingers, but it is a handicap for them, that's for sure. Just take a look at colts post in another topic and situation, when one guy got a kill when eneme were not visible anymore. This is ping difference. And very very often I die from high pingers when I am not visible for them anymore.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited July 2015
    Kill@ - we did scrim ck^ on both NA and EU servers, and yes I have played with a higher ping before.. I've never preached its an advantage, personally I will not play with anything over a 100 ping because I prefer to have smooth gameplay.

    FYI playing them, the hit reg wasn't as good as playing vs low pings, probably because of what I described above.

    It's not who's got advantage or not, it's my experience getting worse because too many high pings invade US servers.
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Well, difficult topic I guess. However I'm really annoyed by that excuse of highpingers having an advantage. Sometimes sure but overall playing on a highping is far from fluent gameplay and personally I'd say rather a disadvatange because of that.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,189Player
    edited July 2015
    I can't understand why anyone would even think high pings have an advantage when actions you perform with a high ping are slower, so I really don't think it ruins the low ping players experience as much as the person with a high one :lol:

    In an ideal world.. we all join servers that are closest to us if only for 'smoothness' across the board, never mind visual advantages or latency.. but we frankly don't live in one and sometimes, just sometimes, it's nice to go shoot up some Australians, and hear them talk.. as hard as it is when your warping around and crouching at a snails pace :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited July 2015
    I can't understand why anyone would even think high pings have an advantage when actions you perform with a high ping are slower, so I really don't think it ruins the low ping players experience as much as the person with a high one :lol:

    In an ideal world.. we all join servers that are closest to us if only for 'smoothness' across the board, never mind visual advantages or latency.. but we frankly don't live in one and sometimes, just sometimes, it's nice to go shoot up some Australians, and hear them talk.. as hard as it is when your warping around and crouching at a snails pace :lol:

    So you claim actions your perform with a high ping are slower? How much is that affecting hit reg then and if it does indeed effect hit reg how is not ruining the low ping players experience? The high ping wouldn't have to worry about it. The high ping would still see the low ping where he is, but if the high pings actions are slower how does the low ping client pick that up and it does not mess with hit reg?

    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,189Player
    edited July 2015
    So you claim actions your perform with a high ping are slower?

    Yes, but its not a claim, its what I experience. I think I played long enough to notice a slowdown when playing on high ping servers, so yes, if MY ping is high.. Then most all actions I perform, such as crouching, ADS, sliding.. even jumping are slightly delayed, I'd be more than willing to post video evidence if needed? only problem is I can't record key presses :lol: I assumed everyone who played with a high ping got this too.

    It's not the case when my ping is low, actions are instant as soon as the key for whatever action I want to do is pressed.
    How much is that affecting hit reg then and if it does indeed effect hit reg how is not ruining the low ping players experience? The high ping wouldn't have to worry about it. The high ping would still see the low ping where he is, but if the high pings actions are slower how does the low ping client pick that up and it does not mess with hit reg?

    That my friend is the million dollar question, I'm just saying for me.. and from MY experience.. I not only play worse on High ping servers because of the sluggishness but I also feel disadvantaged.

    Alternately when I play on low ping servers and a high ping player comes in, I NEVER think.. "Oh crap he is going to own me with his high ping advantage" that's just not the case :lol:

    Welcome back :)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    2 minutes sounds kind of fast. Usually takes me one minute to shoot one enemy.
    googley avatar aapg


  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    2 minutes sounds kind of fast. Usually takes me one minute to shoot one enemy.
    You should join a team. That could maybe help you improve upon your game a little bit. Learn some good solid team can be a good thing and a lot of Pub Clans can teach you the basics.

    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    So you claim actions your perform with a high ping are slower?

    Yes, but its not a claim, its what I experience. I think I played long enough to notice a slowdown when playing on high ping servers, so yes, if MY ping is high.. Then most all actions I perform, such as crouching, ADS, sliding.. even jumping are slightly delayed, I'd be more than willing to post video evidence if needed? only problem is I can't record key presses :lol: I assumed everyone who played with a high ping got this too.

    It's not the case when my ping is low, actions are instant as soon as the key for whatever action I want to do is pressed.
    How much is that affecting hit reg then and if it does indeed effect hit reg how is not ruining the low ping players experience? The high ping wouldn't have to worry about it. The high ping would still see the low ping where he is, but if the high pings actions are slower how does the low ping client pick that up and it does not mess with hit reg?

    That my friend is the million dollar question, I'm just saying for me.. and from MY experience.. I not only play worse on High ping servers because of the sluggishness but I also feel disadvantaged.

    Alternately when I play on low ping servers and a high ping player comes in, I NEVER think.. "Oh crap he is going to own me with his high ping advantage" that's just not the case :lol:

    Welcome back :)
    too much back n forth on this they're is no solid yes or no. One thing I am curious about those is this effecting hit reg and one other thing. Like for example you say when you are a low ping and a high ping comes in your don't get annoyed, alright but have you ever played in a server where 75% or more have 180+ping most in 200's? The game just plays really really really bad. So yes I call that a disadvantage because I am not able to play the game the way its intended and the way it usually feels for me.

    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    You lack the understanding of the word disadvantage then. It's about weighing advantages and disadvantages of each player, making your game worse doesn't mean you automatically are in a disadvantage.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    You lack the understanding of the word disadvantage then. It's about weighing advantages and disadvantages of each player, making your game worse doesn't mean you automatically are in a disadvantage.
    When your good yes it does. Maybe your not used to this.

    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    The key words are "client side". Delays for the high ping player are hurting his responsiveness. It's not hurting your hit detection.

    On net, high ping is a disadvantage.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    The advantage for a low pinger would be if high pingers come in to a server and my ping/experience is unaffected, however that is not the case. So if i'm not longer at an advantage what am I?

    all these high ping players are now causing me to have delays.. if everyones having delays I fail to see how hit reg would not be effected.
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited July 2015
    delays are a problem on every official server ,caused by DDoS attacks so i read on this forum.

    How can someone be at an advantage lagging behind your reaction time by 0.1-0.2 secs ,movement,actions,aim?
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    The question is if the high ping player is warping for me but I'm not warping for him..whos got the advantage? By warping I dont mean he skips 5 feet.. even the slightest delay can make a big difference if both players are skilled.
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
Sign In or Register to comment.