The game wont start

-ew.raw--ew.raw- Posts: 173Player
edited September 7 in Game Support
I get this problem now almost everyday....When i open my steam and i try to launch the game. It kind of starts to download some update (FOR AA: PG) but for real it doesnt. (the site of the file its "downloading" is 0.00gb)

It takes about 4 minutes and then it starts to do that again, and again , and again..
The only way i have found to fix it is that i completely shut down my pc once or twice and then it works.
So annoying when you just want to have a quick game like right now and its impossible.

Tried also to reinstall the PB several times..also used Steam for checking if any of the AA : PG files are damaged. Usually it finds 2-5 files damaged.

Sounds familiar to anyone?

1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
AA:PG 2015-

Comments

• m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 628Moderator
    edited September 8
    no,
    2 files damaged is normal as the game changes them during play

Are you sure that it's not from the workshop?
  • -ew.raw--ew.raw- Posts: 173Player
    I reinstalled the game. It worked fine like a week. Now the same problem appears. and its NOT from the workshop. Actually its not downloading anything. Its "validating" something and it always takes about 2-3 minutes and then it starts to do it again.

Now i need to reboot my pc 1-3 times and then it will work...also reinstall the pb. I dont know which of those fixes it for that time until it comes back the next day..
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-