Head glitching

ViperpoofViperpoof Posts: 1Player
Seriously the head glitching in this game is so [TOS Violation] stupid if you want to make a way for the other person to shoot over cover then make blind firing but having it so that the person who is shooting at you needs to only reveal the very few centimetres of the top of their skull is absolutely stupid put the [TOS Violation] eyes in the neck like every single other game it's not that hard of a fix just shows how lazy are you guys really are with this game

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    So you're saying.... you want eyes in the neck?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 705Administrator
    Hi Viperpoof, thank you for your intel and thoughts on the matter. However for future posts please read the forum rules and oblige by them. You can find them here. https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/3/forums-rules#latest
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 117Beta Tester
    Viperpoof wrote: »
    the person who is shooting at you needs to only reveal the very few centimetres of the top of their skull is absolutely stupid put the ******* eyes in the neck like every single other game it's not that hard of a fix just shows how lazy are you guys really are with this game

1) Almost a great post... almost.
    2) You need to understand that the bullets come out of the bridge of the nose, not the gun. That's why you only see the top of their head. This is because the math behind the mechanics can at time be difficult (i.e. hip fire versus sighting).
    3) If you have a better method for determining projectile paths (or have a matrix algorithm that is robust and precise enough to compensate for a: cone error and b: parallax) then I suggest that you apply to the studio to see if you can be part of the development team.

If it's so easy to fix, then I'd suggest that tone it down just a little and maybe help us improve the direction of where this game (and future games) progress.

OIC!
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 539Beta Tester
    edited August 28
    Many games use the mouth/chin/neck area as a camera an bullet origin. I agree, that in AAPG headglitching is very strong. For my taste, it is on the border of being too strong.

The brawback of using a lower camera position is that you can get shot when you think you are safe. On your screen you have the illusion, that you are behind cover, but half of your head is still sticking out.

Battlefield 4 had a system in place to prevent this. I think they separated the camera and bullet origin point, so the bullets came from roughly shoulder-height, while the camera was still around the eyes. This implements a new issue: you might point your sight at someone, but you might not be able to shoot them. This is realistic, of course, but in reality you have a much better understanding of your surroundings. And there are games like Arma and EFT, where it is properly simulated... (I'm not 100% sure on the technical details of the BF4 stuff, but the do have something like this.)

I think a lower camera position (but especially a BF4-like solution) would be nice, however this would be a fundamental change to the game, which I don't think will happen at this stage.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    This was always the stated issue; Complexity of implementation vs time and budget.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.