Run AA:PG on a specific server confirming password

phil.svphil.sv Posts: 29Player
Two problems launching AA:PG.
  1. 80 per cent times no servers are displayed in the server list (sometime one) and I have to mannually insert its IP
  2. 100 per cent times password is not saved and I have to manually insert it

So the question: is possible to run AA:PG inserting directly password and IP, something like, for example

steam://rungameid/203290/password/170:56:45:73 ??

Comments

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 676Player
    This may be a dumb question, but do you have any filters on that are preventing servers from displaying (such as ping < 100, and Bridge as map) ?
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    edited August 26
    There are some problems with the server browser, IMO. I have the same issues with NO filters.

To open a server that you know from the main menu in AAPG, bring up the console and type:

"open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx?password=PASSWORD"

where xxx are the IP numbers and PASSWORD is......the password. :)
    NO QUOTATION MARKS.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • phil.svphil.sv Posts: 29Player
    doogle! wrote: »
    This may be a dumb question, but do you have any filters on that are preventing servers from displaying (such as ping < 100, and Bridge as map) ?

ANY filter. Absolutely ANY filter.
    80% times I see 0-1 server (and I have to manually insert the IP)
    20% times I see all european available servers
  • phil.svphil.sv Posts: 29Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    There are some problems with the server browser, IMO. I have the same issues with NO filters.

To open a server that you know from the main menu in AAPG, bring up the console and type:

"open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx?password=PASSWORD"

where xxx are the IP numbers and PASSWORD is......the password. :)
    NO QUOTATION MARKS.

in the login page (password inexistent since never saved) pressing F8 to open the console line and writing:

open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx?password=yyyyyyyyyy ===> nothing happens

To reach the main menu I MUST insert the password in the login page, so to insert after the password in the console has not sense.

Once reached the main menu the console command "open" asks a MAP NAME and NOT a IP. Inserting a IP nothing happens.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Oh, geez...Sorry! I thought you meant a server password to get on a server.

No, you need to log in to AAPG first with your account password, THEN do as I suggest to join a passworded server.

Don't think that's what you were looking for. My bad. :(
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.