Damage just one side

I am using a dynamic physic volume to cause damage when stepping into it, i need to move it out of the way later hence the use of a dynamic volume, however i only want it to damage one side, the other side should be able to run through without triggering it. I think it worked when i had a aaplayerdamage volume as there was an option to set team, but i cant move it out of the way or disable it on a trigger.

Anyone have any ideas on this please

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    edited July 21
    There's a TeamID in the code that you can access through Kismet with the GetProperties sequence, I believe...

Take a look at some of the stuff 101st-XTremeDelta did in "Whiteout" and also what I've got in my map "CodenameCrossdog."
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • 13Cav.Kendmac13Cav.Kendmac Posts: 74Player
    Had a look Keebler, but im struggling to see how to apply it
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    You set it up so that the trigger volume checks the GetProperty > TeamID to decide who to damage.

NOTE: The TeamID goes by spawn location, not Alpha or Bravo, so the players on TeamID = 0 (or whatever) will change at round swap, and the same spawn location you choose will be the team that receives damage.

I was never able to track the players through the whole game by actual team for my Team Tickets thing for the respawn map. It may not be an exposed var in the code, or I just haven't stumbled across it. :(
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.