your july 4th stories...

.shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
edited July 2015 in R&R
this year, 4th of july... (drunk man's story)
-
my neighbors put on the best show. thousands of dollars of fireworks. we live at the end of a cul-de-sac, plus 2 city shows to our very close east and west. we have the best show/neighborhood in quite a good radius. entire neighborhood is amazing. dumping loads of cash on big stuff to match the city shows...
-
but every once in a while, my neighbors across the street, they keep tossing explosives (fireworks) into the sewer drain for extra effect... all night long.
-
eventually the drain catches fire. my sister comes to me (after the 18 inch pvc pipe has been ablaze for 10 minutes???) i'm like why did you guys wait 10 minutes??? they thought it would burn itself out. oh man, so wrong. so i grab an extra water hose to reach the curb... but i can't manage to put fire out because it has burned too long and spread too far in.
-
the husband who started the fire, his wife is a cop. hah! amazing how they thought... like "let's just call non-emergency 911 and get fire dept to put it out". i told them this was property damage and that would not be good for them.... i figured she'd know the severity of the issue, you know?
-
i'm like, really?? nope.. i tell her get me a crowbar and i'll open the man hole and she volunteered to climb down and hopefully get really lucky and spray the fire out...(they'd let it burn for 10 minutes. let's cross our fingers, right? what did they expect???) luckily the fire went out once i got her down there. but they got soooo lucky.. and who knows how effective that pipe is know that it's been completely melted/destroyed, right?
-
speaking of cops... before this, an hour earlier, my brother is also sheriff and he was there briefly on duty, and he was like who is blowing stuff up? he's a real blood hound... i told him what was up and he shook his head like come on man. stupid... but duty called and he had another call to go to before this erupted :)
-
btw i was/am thoroughly drunk at the time, so this story is not told in the best words. sorry.
-
after coming up with the plan to put this stupid fire out, i felt i had done a good deed for the day. but man that pipe is toast. moral of the story, know the ramifications of what you're doing man. i told them toss that stuff left or right down there and it should be fine. all concrete. but who throws it right in the center into the plastic flammable pvc pipe??
-
/end drunk man's story telling. sorry if the story isn't as fascinating as it was for me at the time :p

Comments