Linux server query port

{RG}Machine{RG}Machine Posts: 3Player
where can i find the steam server query port and change it and whats the default port when u install a server
is it 27015? or

Comments

• weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 144Player
    edited June 17
    The manual states ports are UDP 27000 - 27030 - steam server query

Manual is here ->> https://news.americasarmy.com/aapg-pc-linux-game-server-howto/
  • {RG}Machine{RG}Machine Posts: 3Player
    this doesnt help at all it does tell u that ports are from 27000 - 27030 but how can u edit the port even
    as i told u i looked through all the config files inside the game and didnt find a single one
    on windows u always get the query port by default as 27015 but on the linux it doesnt exist
  • [soldier][soldier] Posts: 126Player
    On windows it's a command line option, maybe there is a Linux equivalent:
    /SQP=27015
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 117Beta Tester
    edited June 19
    this doesnt help at all it does tell u that ports are from 27000 - 27030 but how can u edit the port even
    as i told u i looked through all the config files inside the game and didnt find a single one
    on windows u always get the query port by default as 27015 but on the linux it doesnt exist

Not certain what you are asking ... ports always exist regardless of the underlying operating system. Ports are just an end to end communication assignment that the kernel uses for transport protocols.

So by default, 27015 exists on Linux.

Instead of saying "This doesn't help at all" maybe you should state your problem with a little more specificity.
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 144Player

The ports are not configured in the *.ini files. When launching the linux binary and you want to define the ports used for that instance you could launch the game server with the following command...

./AAPG FLO_Slums_TH -port=7778 -voipport=8765 -SAP=8778 -SQP=27015 -log=AAPG_Server.log -servername="AAPG Linux Server"

The ports I defined in the command line are the default port values when launching the game server. I hope this clarifies things a bit better.