Server Filters and Better match-making.

LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 313Player
in PS4
It is about time that filters be implemented to allow players to choose what time of lobbies/servers they'd like to be put into when the game is searching for a lobby/server to join. My reason for this suggestion is b/c of how slow and redundant the current match-making can be.

This may or may not be a problem on PC, but I'm sure many PS4 players are familiar with the unreliability of P2P (Peer to Peer?) lobbies, regarding good ping. The game may say that you're being put into a P2P with less than 60 ping, yet what I find is that P2P lobbies are generally very laggy (much more than dedicated servers). Most of the time my ping rarely stays below 300, with 150 ping being the best I can hope for. B/c of this, I make it a top priority to avoid P2P lobbies as much as possible, and b/c I cannot force the game to only put me in dedicated servers, I end up having to "back out" a lot to restart the match-making process.

If that weren't bad enough, I and many other players also have to look out for the infamous "empty dedicated servers" where the game, after not finding any active dedicated servers, decides to put players in empty ones, thinking that they'll eventually fill up. This isn't a bad idea at first glance, but the problem arises when the game doesn't start the match/lobby until it has 16 players. There could be 14 people in one of these servers, allowing for an even 7v7 but the game won't actually put players into the lobby and start the match until there are exactly 16 people (if it does start with lower people then it takes way too long for that to happen, more than many people are willing to wait). Most of the time, what happens is the "Host" ends up canceling (leaving I assume), and the game restarts the match-making process all the way over.

Below is an idea of what match-making is like for players such as myself:

Searching for Active Dedicated Servers <60 ping. --- > Searching for Empty Dedicated Servers <60 Ping ---- > Found! Waiting for Players: 15 --- > Found! Waiting for Players: 14 ---- > Found! Waiting for Players: 7 ---- > Found! Waiting for Players: 3 [and now a min or 2 passes) ---- > Found! Waiting for Players: 5 ---- > Host Canceled ---- Searching For Active Dedicated Servers <60 ping --- Searching for Empty Dedicated Servers <60 ping (if you're lucky, the game won't find any and will skip this) ---- > Searching for P2P <60 ping ---- > Connecting to match (most of the time I don't even bother connecting to the match and back out right away, but if the lag is high -- which it usually is -- chances are quite high the player will leave the match. So lets say in this instance that is the case) ---- Searching for Active Dedicated Servers <60 ping --- > Searching for Empty Dedicated Servers <60 ping ---- > Searching for P2P <60 ping (if you're lucky, the game won't find any and will skip this) ---- > Searching for Active Dedicated Servers <100 ping --- Connecting to match (FINALLY!!!).

Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg

Comments

• ITSKINGZEROITSKINGZERO Posts: 34Player
    It is about time that filters be implemented to allow players to choose what time of lobbies/servers they'd like to be put into when the game is searching for a lobby/server to join. My reason for this suggestion is b/c of how slow and redundant the current match-making can be.

This may or may not be a problem on PC, but I'm sure many PS4 players are familiar with the unreliability of P2P (Peer to Peer?) lobbies, regarding good ping. The game may say that you're being put into a P2P with less than 60 ping, yet what I find is that P2P lobbies are generally very laggy (much more than dedicated servers). Most of the time my ping rarely stays below 300, with 150 ping being the best I can hope for. B/c of this, I make it a top priority to avoid P2P lobbies as much as possible, and b/c I cannot force the game to only put me in dedicated servers, I end up having to "back out" a lot to restart the match-making process.

If that weren't bad enough, I and many other players also have to look out for the infamous "empty dedicated servers" where the game, after not finding any active dedicated servers, decides to put players in empty ones, thinking that they'll eventually fill up. This isn't a bad idea at first glance, but the problem arises when the game doesn't start the match/lobby until it has 16 players. There could be 14 people in one of these servers, allowing for an even 7v7 but the game won't actually put players into the lobby and start the match until there are exactly 16 people (if it does start with lower people then it takes way too long for that to happen, more than many people are willing to wait). Most of the time, what happens is the "Host" ends up canceling (leaving I assume), and the game restarts the match-making process all the way over.

Below is an idea of what match-making is like for players such as myself:

Searching for Active Dedicated Servers <60 ping. --- > Searching for Empty Dedicated Servers <60 Ping ---- > Found! Waiting for Players: 15 --- > Found! Waiting for Players: 14 ---- > Found! Waiting for Players: 7 ---- > Found! Waiting for Players: 3 [and now a min or 2 passes) ---- > Found! Waiting for Players: 5 ---- > Host Canceled ---- Searching For Active Dedicated Servers <60 ping --- Searching for Empty Dedicated Servers <60 ping (if you're lucky, the game won't find any and will skip this) ---- > Searching for P2P <60 ping ---- > Connecting to match (most of the time I don't even bother connecting to the match and back out right away, but if the lag is high -- which it usually is -- chances are quite high the player will leave the match. So lets say in this instance that is the case) ---- Searching for Active Dedicated Servers <60 ping --- > Searching for Empty Dedicated Servers <60 ping ---- > Searching for P2P <60 ping (if you're lucky, the game won't find any and will skip this) ---- > Searching for Active Dedicated Servers <100 ping --- Connecting to match (FINALLY!!!).

[/quotetake out the p2p server problem solve
  • OneEyeTheHardOneEyeTheHard Posts: 63Player
    Did you have to quote his entire post?

Anyway when i go to join a match i always back out if it doesnt find a dedicated server. I find games a lot faster than when I just sat in the queue and I almost always get a server with good ping. Give it a shot!