aaHollywood Sendoff.

V_NillaJV_NillaJ Posts: 45Developer
Please join me in giving a big shoutout to @aahollywood . Tomorrow will be his last day at the Army Game Studio. As he moves forward in his career to tackle new and exciting things, we wish him the best of luck and will miss him dearly. Godspeed! :proud: :bawling: :heartbreak:

Comments

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,096Player
    Oh, how we hardly knew ye! Hollywood was a short lived breath of fresh air around here. We'll miss him. Good luck!
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 288Player
    dang @aahollywood we will for sure miss the communication we finally had! Good luck, and hope your replacements are as helpful as you have been.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,571Beta Tester
    Good luck to you, Hollywood!! :+1:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 422Player
    He probably got fired for all the communication he was throwing around. Good luck sir!
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 359Moderator
    he was not fired, he's on a different project
    The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 677Administrator
    Its been a pleasure Hollywood. Come visit soon I hope. Take care bud.
  • [soldier][soldier] Posts: 124Player
    edited March 29
    @aahollywood thanks for all of your help with wrestling the stats engine to the ground while we were getting AAStats.com underway. Your patience, attention, and straight talk about the challenges was refreshing and much appreciated.

I still have my all-time favorite support response ever sitting in my Inbox, I hope you don't mind me sharing this one sentence:
    I'll send angry emails

Great success and good luck with your next assignment!
  • MaclobsterMaclobster Posts: 214Beta Tester
    Good luck Hollywood :+1:
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • JohnRambo89JohnRambo89 Posts: 36Player
    Good luck Hollywood! :)
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,424Player
    Good luck Hollywood in what ever you are doing i hope we get some one as open and as responsive as you was with the AA community.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 507Beta Tester
    Good luck, Hollywood!
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • DJHaoleDJHaole Posts: 75Player
    Good luck Hollywood in what ever you are doing i hope we get some one as open and as responsive as you was with the AA community.

@V_NillaJ will live up to that or we will go take his pc away lol
    Shane Bell
    US: Navy Veteran
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury :: Discord
    www.urgentfury.com
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,571Beta Tester
    edited March 31
    SELF EDIT - off topic.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 648Player
    Thanks to the only community facing Dev in the AAPG era who communicated openly and honestly. I hope this did not lead to your departure from Army Game Studios.

V_Nilla, welcome to the pit.
    Dev Doc was pretty open too. Those guys get chopped quick.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • -[U|S|A]-Paramedic-[U|S|A]-Paramedic Posts: 53Player
    Good luck on your new project! No doubt you'll be just as vital there!
    Steve / 31Bravo
    Army Veteran
    NREMT-Paramedic
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,096Player
    edited April 1
    Dev Doc was pretty open too. Those guys get chopped quick.

lol, seriously. Seems like every one of these guys that the community likes get shipped off to some other project very quickly. I mean Doc should have seriously been the face of the franchise, but that's just my opinion.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Agreed. Publicly, we know that Doc was doing PR & marketing like no other, along with managing the direction of the game and working with the betas along with a subset of comp players.

It appears that trying to deliver what the community wants (what those guys did) conflicts too much with what upper management wants.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • V_NillaJV_NillaJ Posts: 45Developer
    aahollywood left the studio on great terms! No bad blood there; he was recruited into a new position that we wish him the best in.