Individual Map time

In the settings you can set the time for a BDX or FLO, is there any way to set a time just for one map. Eg we want to put border on the server , we dont want to increase the time for all FLO maps, but the time we have is just not enough to play border.

Comments

• -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 706Administrator
    edited March 14
    I am afraid not. We have asked the Devs to inc this into the admin control panel a while back. It used to be in AA2's ACP and it was a wonderful tool then considering how many maps where available and how some were large and some not so large as well as bot maps where players liked to take their time.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    You can do it for UMMs. You have the server let the map control the timer (there's a setting) and then the map maker sets a time in the internal map settings.

On Dev maps the map time is hardcoded already in the map.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 117Beta Tester

TimeLimitOverrideBDX=180
    TimeLimitOverrideFLO=240

These are the only two parameters regarding map time limits.
    OIC!
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
    The server guide on Steam says those settingsr are adjustable 9 to 999, and I know for a fact that I've seen maps control the timer. I had a map that was set to 10:00 min and then 6:00 min, for instance, and it did not affect the other maps on the server.

I've been poking through the ini's and I can't remember what was set to 0 to allow it... :s
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • 13Cav.Kendmac13Cav.Kendmac Posts: 73Player
    Thanks for the suggestins so far, let me have another look through the ini and see if i can find it
    had a look through the ini's and couldn't find anything
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 642Player
    edited March 15
    set it to 0 ,if its a umm it will run the time the map maker set for his/her map, other maps will be 4 min or 5 what ever the default was set on them

[AAGame.AAGamePVPBase]
    bScaleWithNumPlayers=true
    MaxTeamSizeBDX=6
    MaxTeamSizeFLO=12
    TimeLimitOverrideBDX=180
    TimeLimitOverrideFLO=0
    RoundsPerMatchBDX=15
    RoundsPerMatchFLO=11
    Ah! I knew there was SOMETHING we used to set to 0, but the Steam Server guide said that setting could only go 9 - 999.

Thanks Lobo! :+1:
    ______

Thanks Lobo, will give it a try