Long Queue Times

doogle!doogle! Posts: 647Player
So I've been playing recently on PS4. Truth be told, I feel a little duped on the numbers that were being kicked around here, but whatever.

What's up with the long queue times to find a lobby? I've sat searching for a lobby for 10 minutes during prime hours on week nights...I'm talking 1930-2130. Are there really so few players, or is logic that matches searching players up with a lobby dorked?

It's also not fun repeatedly playing in a lobby that stays 2v3, for example.

Is this a player count issue, or a matchmaking issue?

Comments

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 750Player
    Let's be honest here, aapg doesnt have many players, ps4 is no exception - it has more than PC ( which is easy ). It might have many accounts created/downloads but people end up stop playing due to lack of content. So my guess would be both: lack of players and issue with matchmaking - and i am pretty sure I am correct.

Still waiting for the game to come on EU....

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 61Player
    What I've noticed is if you keep backing out of the match making search, and try again it will find one faster.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 647Player
    jgvn11 wrote: »
    What I've noticed is if you keep backing out of the match making search, and try again it will find one faster.

I've also noticed that, but if players don't know that then they are potentially assuming the game is dead.

I'm not saying this is the answer, but wondering if it's been discussed internally: Has AAPG considered a server list browser to dedicated servers on PS4? It doesn't have to replace the Quick Match feature...just add a second option on the main menu. Play Now, then Server Browser. Slam bam. Opens the door for server rentals like PC.
  • DJHaoleDJHaole Posts: 75Player
    doogle! wrote: »

I've also noticed that, but if players don't know that then they are potentially assuming the game is dead.

I'm not saying this is the answer, but wondering if it's been discussed internally: Has AAPG considered a server list browser to dedicated servers on PS4? It doesn't have to replace the Quick Match feature...just add a second option on the main menu. Play Now, then Server Browser. Slam bam. Opens the door for server rentals like PC.

We actually discussed this exact topic while we were at the studio in November... we talked about the value it brought to building the community for Socom.
    Shane Bell
    US: Navy Veteran
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury :: Discord
    www.urgentfury.com
  • ITSKINGZEROITSKINGZERO Posts: 35Player
    Still Don't hnow why dev add matchmaking stand server list browser
    Still Don't hnow why dev add matchmaking stand server list browser

Its not like you flip a switch on PS4 to make this happen, you have to build out a full UI for it.
    Shane Bell
    Community Manager/CIO
    www.urgentfury.com
  • Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 98Player
    doogle! wrote: »

I wish!!
  • Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 98Player
    Been trying to get in a lobby for 20 minutes now, one east coast buddy and one west coast with me ATM.

What the heck is going on with this game? Usually, I immediately connect to match. I've tried waiting it out, no luck, I've researched 20+ times.

Fix this garbage.
  • VoidsVetVoidsVet Posts: 13Player
    edited February 26
    Another flaw with matchmaking is more often then not you are placed on a server horribly unbalanced and uneven teams since ps4 is missing an autobalance feature for some odd reason. A new player joins a massacre and already has a bad image of the game. So strange that you start a new map and the game sets up the teams 8 vs 4 and no hope of a autobalance to make them proper
  • ll--n3m3s1s--llll--n3m3s1s--ll Posts: 4Player
    VoidsVet wrote: »
    Another flaw with matchmaking is more often then not you are placed on a server horribly unbalanced and uneven teams since ps4 is missing an autobalance feature for some odd reason. A new player joins a massacre and already has a bad image of the game. So strange that you start a new map and the game sets up the teams 8 vs 4 and no hope of a autobalance to make them proper

I can vouch for this.... everytime I join and am top KDR the following matches put all the high ranks opposite team of me while placing lower ranks/the poor scores on my team while even shorting our team with 2 or more less players than the other. Fix the team balancing.
  • RogersThatGBRogersThatGB Posts: 2Player
    edited March 22
    I can’t get into lobbies ever after the update with 3 or more in a party without having to constantly leaving and comeibg back into queue. Even when the queue has 6-10 players it dosent put us in matches. Reinstalled twice . This game is great when it works. Lately it’s been rough.
    They are still working on the issues from this weeks patches
    Shane Bell
    Community Manager/CIO
    www.urgentfury.com
  • ALYREZAALYREZA Posts: 21Player
    Same
    -- PLEASE ADD ME --
    PS4 ID: Esmaeel1368
    Instagram - Profile

1Igu7lx.jpg
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 647Player
    Seems like something that should have been tested first
  • V_NillaJV_NillaJ Posts: 43Developer
    Apologies all. We've been buried trying to get a new patch out to you PS4 guys. We did revert 1.33 to 1.32. With 1.34, we had fail-safes that we believed would eliminate the matchmaking issues. While it did cull the issues, it did not eliminate them. We are currently reviewing logs that were gathered over the weekend. Expect something soon!