Access to sniper rifle should be limited

Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 98Player
You should be required to be atleast rank 15 before you can use it in game.

Who agrees?

Comments

• }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 679Administrator
    No, and this will never happen.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,575Beta Tester
    edited February 17
    (for PC...) We were originally going to create a system to make getting the sniper rifle "fair" but I don't know what happened to that.

Frankly, I'm still unamused how OP that thing is.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 98Player

Well, how about removing e-1 players from e-5+ rooms? The noobs are killing lobbies.

I've never seen you in a lobby in 900 hours of gameplay gorilla. Let's keep the comments to only people that play on ps4.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 509Beta Tester

Well, how about removing e-1 players from e-5+ rooms? The noobs are killing lobbies.

I've never seen you in a lobby in 900 hours of gameplay gorilla. Let's keep the comments to only people that play on ps4.

In this regard it does not matter, if he play on PS4 or not. Over my 2500+ hours (counting the open Beta) I had my fair share of newbies on PC as well. Limiting weapons to ranks is not going to happen. Well, we are no Devs of course, they can do it if they want, but IMO this kind of limitation would go against the philosophy of AAPG - I mean that in AAPG your character won't get better, but you will.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    First of all, this is the ps4 part of the forum so yes it should matter whether or not he plays on ps4. The PC version and ps4 version are completely different games.

Next time you have something to say in regards to my forum post gorilla, put it up on the forum instead of sending me a private message.

The points I make would improve the game and gameplay for ps4 users so they are valid and not just my opinion. My comments are discussed by many good active players in the ps4 community who do not come into this forum to express their concerns.

You PC players are a sensitive bunch. As a ps4 player , I post here in hope of getting the attention of the developers and the army to inform them of actual issues that many ps4 players talk about on a regular basis. We love this game as much as you do and just want to see it improve. When a lobby of 16 players only has 4 decent players in a room , yes its an issue. The least the developers could do is ensure that children do not play the game. Isn't there an age restriction for this type of game?? Maybe create a lobby section where having a mic is a prerequisite.

Stick to the PC forums PC players. You dont see any ps4 players commenting in your section. Different game, different maps ,different guns.
  • SimonSaizSimonSaiz Posts: 49Player
    different maps???? guns????
  • V_NillaJV_NillaJ Posts: 45Developer
    It's a bit of a tough go when you create a post of an opinion, ask "who agrees," and then disapprove of all who disagree. I play on PS4, and I disagree. There are players of a wide skill spectrum as well as age spectrum that have to be considered. Not everyone is playing as competitively as the select few. Additionally, a player that uses a sniper ineffectively at rank 1 will be no better off waiting until rank 30... the first time you use a weapon is still the first time you use a weapon.
    V_NillaJ wrote: »
    It's a bit of a tough go when you create a post of an opinion, ask "who agrees," and then disapprove of all who disagree. I play on PS4, and I disagree. There are players of a wide skill spectrum as well as age spectrum that have to be considered. Not everyone is playing as competitively as the select few. Additionally, a player that uses a sniper ineffe C ctively at rank 1 will be no better off waiting until rank 30... the first time you use a weapon is still the first time you use a weapon. [/quoqq1te]

Never seen you in 900+ hours of gameplay.

The other people that reply, like gorilla, are PC players.

In regards to your sniper comment, getting some map knowledge with a rifleman would improve sniping skills for people that are new to the game. Another solution would be to allow multiple people to use the sniper rifle.
    SimonSaiz wrote: »
    different maps???? guns????

Yes, way more maps and weapons.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 679Administrator
    edited February 20
    The game that you play is the same that we play on PC
    Ix-M0NTANA-xI . Sept for the fact that the PC has more content. Like
    V_NillaJ said The 1st time you use a weapon your going to be new to it no matter what. Also the game name is Proving Grounds. There will always be players of all ages. The Devs can set a age suggestion but the facts are that it will not make many changes. Its like a kid that watches a rated R movie at home. How can you stop them? The fact is that you can't. Also no matter what game you are going to face new players, or players with new accounts. Again I understand your drive for comp but I don't see anything happening soon with restricting skill lvl for servers.

This is a public forum so please keep that in mind. You do not need to play on the PC to have an opinion and vise versa for PS4. You say we don't understand because we don't play the same game. Where do you think the game came from and where it was tested or worked on?

As for a 900+ hours of game play lol again it does not matter where our hours are. It is the same game. I understand that there are some differences but for better content come play on PC. If there are bugs that you wish to report then please report them here
    https://www.americasarmy.com/support/bug. All bugs are looked at and worked on if there is work needed.

Regardless of weather you like our intel. You asked the question and we replied. But don't tell players on this forum that they have no right to make a post or have a suggestion because they don't play on the PS4, because that does not fly here.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,096Player
    edited February 20
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    (for PC...) We were originally going to create a system to make getting the sniper rifle "fair" but I don't know what happened to that.

Hopefully in AAV they make a more balanced sniper. It's like they decided to make the AWP from CS without any of the drawbacks (high cost, chance of it falling into enemy hands for multiple rounds, the fact that it can't exist in every round in games that involve money economy, etc) and said, eh, good enough. I just hope they decide to look to AA2 to see how sniping worked since it was much more balanced in that game. Very harsh breathing patterns, needing to use bipod to really steady it, bipod needed to be deployed and undeployed with a nice long animation. I'm not sure how much balance was taken into consideration with the original America's Army, but it's amazing to realize how much they integrated it.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 509Beta Tester
    Keebler750 wrote: »

Hopefully in AAV they make a more balanced sniper. It's like they decided to make the AWP from CS without any of the drawbacks (high cost, chance of it falling into enemy hands for multiple rounds, the fact that it can't exist in every round in games that involve money economy, etc) and said, eh, good enough. I just hope they decide to look to AA2 to see how sniping worked since it was much more balanced in that game. Very harsh breathing patterns, needing to use bipod to really steady it, bipod needed to be deployed and undeployed with a nice long animation. I'm not sure how much balance was taken into consideration with the original America's Army, but it's amazing to realize how much they integrated it.

Well, I only watch CSGO not play it. But if you only look at the weapon, the AWP is better than the M24. Th AWP has no sway, fires faster, can quick-scope and kills to the lower torso as well. But you are right about the cost and other factors. CSGO and AAPG are quite different after all.
    But I personally don't feel the M24 to be crazy OP. Sure, in the right hands it is devastating, but this is true for a lot of weapons.
    I don't know about the M24 in competitive AAPG, but in public games the M24 has great impact mostly because people don't play properly against it - in my opinion. Part of it is map design and larger playercounts, than in CS (= the sniper can hide behind a wall of riflemen), but even in relatively "clean" situations, most people don't know how to deal with a sniper. They try to win in a 1v1 standoff - the exact thing you shouldn't force against an M24. Most people are not good enough aimers to win this duel, then they complain about the M24 being crazy OP.

I still agree that it is quite ridiculous, than if I shoot someone in the pinky finger, they die. But the M24 is not the "one-gun-to-rule-them-all" - in my opinion at least.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • GerbizzzleGerbizzzle Posts: 4Player
    Just wait for them to get killed and bleed out and take their weapon. They’ll eventually quit and free up the sniper slot.

Or attack and kill the enemy sniper and steal his gun.

One of the things I like about this game is that they don’t limit you on what guns you can use. Aside from class slots.

Also, who’s to say you’re better at sniping than another person who is mad cause you have the sniper and they want it?
    Gerbizzzle,
    My original point was that a new person to the game sucks with a sniper compared to someone who knows the map better. That's all.

Personally, I dont use a sniper in this game, I think its garbage. Ith s m4 or scar, I'll kill 3 people with 1 clip in the time it takes a sniper to kill 1.