Scar too op?

xBEMx_ComaxBEMx_Coma Posts: 1Player
I found that when playing against people using scars, the game becomes unfun and tedious due to the fact that i can be headshot once and die while shooting them numerous times. I believe that at its current state it is very unbalanced and too op. The scar currently shoots slower than the m4 but not by a lot. It shoots all bullets in about the same time the m4 shoots all of its but the scar could kill 3-4 more people in the amount of time. I believe it would be beneficiary to have the scar on single fire at all times
Nerf scar?
  1. Nerf scar?19 votes
    1. Yes
      15.79%
    2. No
      84.21%

Comments

• frankoffrankof Posts: 995Moderator
    regardless of weapon you will loose if you get hit in the head in a fire fight.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 503Beta Tester
    frankof wrote: »
    regardless of weapon you will loose if you get hit in the head in a fire fight.

PS4 may be bifferent from PC. On PC the SCAR is not OP, the M4 still dominates the field.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 637Player
    Perhaps this would be a good spot for a Dev to post the damage numbers for the SCAR.

But as frankof said, you're dead to a headshot regardless of what weapon your opponent is using. I would expect that the base damage for the SCAR is higher based on the smaller magazine and its (slightly, I believe) slower rate of fire. Those tradeoffs, as well as its availability as a DMR "should" equal higher damage.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,093Player
    edited February 5
    Definitely has higher damage, not as high as the M14 though. I think it's fairly balanced actually. The higher output of the M4 makes it superior for my style of play. I see a fairly even distribution between the two in most servers, not sure how it would play out in a competitive setting though.

Also, not sure how the DPS stakes up.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,562Beta Tester
    It's a 30cal round. It OUGHT to deal damage similar to the M14.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 503Beta Tester
    Guys, I will say this again. We don't know how the damage on PS4 works. It is entirely possible, that on PS4 not all weapons kill in a single headshot. What the OP say is not true for PC, but this is about PS4.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,093Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    It's a 30cal round. It OUGHT to deal damage similar to the M14.

Possibly, although doesn't muzzle velocity also play a role? I believe the M14 has a decently higher muzzle velocity compared to the SCAR-H.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,562Beta Tester
    edited February 5
    There may be a difference. Not sure. Barrel length is shorter on SCAR compared to typical M14, but I don't know how it was dealt with in the code.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ITSKINGZEROITSKINGZERO Posts: 34Player
    Hope the can neaf head shot its like i get bloop by sniper
  • Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 98Player
    IMO, guns are fine. The biggest factor is your accuracy and controller sensitivity. Your reaction time, accuracy, internet connection and setting up on choke points will make the difference whether you kill or are killed vs a similar skilled player. Play defensively whether on offense or defense. Control the map.
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 105Beta Tester
    I'll do a comparison from the Physics PoV... give me a day or so.
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • GerbizzzleGerbizzzle Posts: 4Player
    As mentioned above, the scar is a bigger round than the m4, so it’s stronger (does more damage). However, the trade off is, slower rate of fire and lower ammo in the mag. Sometimes it’s just the fact that the other player is hitting you in the chest and head but you’re not hitting in the same areas fast enough.