Can we get the ACOG scope for the M4 again?

SiNsOfThEDeViLSiNsOfThEDeViL Posts: 106Player
edited February 1 in General Discussion
Maybe some of you have played the beta version of AAPG before it's release. Well, the M4A1 could be equipped with the ACOG scope that can now be used for guns like M16A4, Scar H or M14 EBR. Even before the beta M4 could be equipped with the ACOG scope. Such as in AA2. I think by adding this feature won't really affect the gameplay that much but it would be fun to use.
What do YOU think?
  1. Should the ACOG scope be available for the M4A1?23 votes
    1. Oh HELL YEA
      30.43%
    2. What the hell, no.
      69.57%

Whatever you do, you cannot outrun the devil.

Steam

Comments

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 551Beta Tester
    edited February 1
    In my opinion, the M4+ACOG combo was way stronger, than any other combo in the beta. From short to long range, the M4 was king of the weapons. The M4 is quite dominant, even without the ACOG. I don't think it would need any more power-ups. For this reason, I don't think giving the ACOG back on the M4 would be good for the game.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,441Player
    No
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • -ew.raw--ew.raw- Posts: 173Player
    edited February 1
    Can you get a silencer like in aa2? (Special Forces type)
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    I just wasted a bunch of time searching the old forums for a link to all the prior discussion about why the M4/ACOG combo was removed, but I can't find it.

Anyway. We've already been there. It was removed by the Devs for a reason and nothing has changed to make that reason invalid, that I'm aware of. :shrug:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -vR|Drop-vR|Drop Posts: 32Beta Tester
    If it was up to me.....Iron sights, and only a few can get scopes...lol. but that's AA2, so I know that =)
    edited February 2
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I just wasted a bunch of time searching the old forums for a link to all the prior discussion about why the M4/ACOG combo was removed, but I can't find it.

Anyway. We've already been there. It was removed by the Devs for a reason and nothing has changed to make that reason invalid, that I'm aware of. :shrug:

I think they are all in old forum =)
    http://archive2.forum.americasarmy.com/
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Didn't I say I was checking the "old forums?" :angry:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Didn't I say I was checking the "old forums?" :angry:

Yes i read it wrong =)
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • (1VB)Starpuppy(1VB)Starpuppy Posts: 7Player
    -vR|Drop wrote: »
    If it was up to me.....Iron sights, and only a few can get scopes...lol. but that's AA2, so I know that =)

Modern Army almost everyone gets some sort of optics. The range is done with optics. It started with personal optics in 1998 Bosnia and went crazy about 10 years after 9/11. You must be old school Army like me. Adapt or die

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,123Player
    I remember vividly it was because everyone was using M4 + ACOG in all situations. You'd go into a server and it was all M4 + ACOG. CBQ map? M4 + ACOG. Long range map? M4 + ACOG. Drives down skill level since everyone was able to just zoom in and fight a guy as if they were two feet away. I'm sure ACOGs are more common to see these days, but let's also remember that it's all situation based. I doubt a soldier would be doing a mission like Red Line with ACOGs.

The major issue was and still is that all scopes are way too easy to use. The original AA had a harsher sway penalty when using a higher power scope. It created a larger drawback to picking a scope over a 1x in close quarters maps.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • (1VB)Starpuppy(1VB)Starpuppy Posts: 7Player
    Real soldiers can't just freely swap out optics. Keeping it in the M16A4 is a good idea.