Game Update - 1.10.2019

KartiganKartigan Posts: 84Developer
Servers are already coming up for the update, but be aware we are not done with the patch yet. There may be some connection issues in about an hour as some new backend servers come online and old ones go offline.

Features:
- Added Reaction map.
- M17 is now the default sidearm.
- M17, MP7, SCAR-H, CZ Alpha, and RPG added to Swenson Range.

Fixes:
- Fixed issues with clan tags that contain special characters.
- CZ Alpha no longer drops with iron sights.
- Fixed hold breath sound persisting under some circumstances.
- Fixed several map issues and minor bugs.

Comments

• -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 369Beta Tester
    Servers are running nice and smooth!!

Good job!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,093Player
    edited January 10
    I just ran though reaction... I remember this map when I was a beta like 3 years ago and it looks just as alpha as it did back then. Strange to just put it out there unfinished now.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • KartiganKartigan Posts: 84Developer
    We've released Reaction as a community feedback map. It has been through a lot of iterations. Before we send it over to art, we figured it would be fun and helpful to see what players thought about it. It is still open for changes.
  • xBEMx_FoxxxBEMx_Foxx Posts: 17Player
    The Old new maps look dope on PS4 right now thank you dev team finally giving us the maps
  • Halkon.GtHalkon.Gt Posts: 12Player

How do I check the rank level number, is there a table? or something like that

before it was up to 100
  • KartiganKartigan Posts: 84Developer
    New backend servers are online.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 620Player
    How do I check the rank level number, is there a table? or something like that

before it was up to 100

Best question so far :)
    AAPG is good!
  • KodenKoden Posts: 282Player
    edited January 10
    I just ran though reaction... I remember this map when I was a beta like 3 years ago and it looks just as alpha as it did back then. Strange to just put it out there unfinished now.

i wasn't in the beta but i've never seen a map like...this being published.
    Derob6.jpg
    edited January 10
    Koden wrote: »

i wasn't in the beta but i've never seen a map like...this being published.

It's become a thing for some games. I remember PUBG did it for a long time with their Sanhok map. They put it out there for people to test, made updates, put it out again, repeated until they were satisfied. It's a decent way to get community feedback on a map before it's made final. Of course you also need to trust that the community at large actually knows what they're talking about.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,562Beta Tester
    The only way to 'properly' get a map to play is (a) to be a map making god who just knows exactly how to lay it out, or (b) to run people through for timings and dominant strategy iterations and then make tweaks.

You all always complain about maps coming out that don't work, and then you complain when you have a chance to give feedback.

Imagine being a Dev. :(
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    The only way to 'properly' get a map to play is (a) to be a map making god who just knows exactly how to lay it out, or (b) to run people through for timings and dominant strategy iterations and then make tweaks.

You all always complain about maps coming out that don't work, and then you complain when you have a chance to give feedback.

Imagine being a Dev. :(

Not complaining, just surprised that a map that was in development 3+ years ago is being released just now and is still pretty alpha.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 620Player
    edited January 10
    1st step to improve the new map : Work on the sounds of the guns. It sounds like you play in an open field with all the echo.
    AAPG is good!
    edited January 10
    Flatlander wrote: »
    1st step to improve the new map : Work on the sounds of the guns. It sounds like you play in an open field with all the echo.

That can be fixed with reverb volumes. I'd assume that's something they add near the end of the building process even though this map is completely indoors.
  • RapidShooterXRapidShooterX Posts: 1Player
    I really like this map the game mode is similar to capture the flag but only having one team trying to go to the other base to retrieve the flag/bomb whatever it is and bring it back to your base well the other team defends there base. Me and my friend played this map 1v1 in a private lobby we had a blast messing around just imagine a full group of people how much fun we could have..This map to me feels like a counter-strike map I love it!
    I’m all in on this map
  • DJHaoleDJHaole Posts: 75Player
    I noticed there is not an overlay map forReaction
    Shane Bell
    US: Navy Veteran
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury :: Discord
    www.urgentfury.com
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 503Beta Tester
    DJHaole wrote: »

Reaction is currently in alpha state. The reason it was released is to collect feedback. It is not even remotely finished.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • DJHaoleDJHaole Posts: 75Player
    DJHaole wrote: »

Reaction is currently in alpha state. The reason it was released is to collect feedback. It is not even remotely finished.

Believe me I know this I saw it at the studio in November, I just pointed out that the overlay is missing incase @Kartigan did not know.
    Shane Bell
    US: Navy Veteran
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury :: Discord
    www.urgentfury.com
  • zG|SoCaL65zG|SoCaL65 Posts: 27Player
    edited January 11
    There should be two scales on the end of match screen: one for rank and one for level.

Also a nice feature to have would be the ability to mouse over icons on the score screen and a popup message says what the rank of the player is and any other icon (military, beta, etc)
    Joined Original Game: July 4, 2002  |  Joined Original Forum: Aug 05, 2002
  • [FOX]Kamjam21xx[FOX]Kamjam21xx Posts: 122Player
    edited January 11
    Kartigan wrote: »
    We've released Reaction as a community feedback map. It has been through a lot of iterations. Before we send it over to art, we figured it would be fun and helpful to see what players thought about it. It is still open for changes.

Hey i havent used the forum in a long time and was learning openGL and i think i learned why theres a certain bug in the editor. i posted in the map editor section but idk any of the devs names anymore, so sorry if thats the wrong place to put it.

edit: but it was a post for a dev, about maybe the martices being in the wrong order on 3D model exports. but the last time i used the editor was probably like a year ago.
  • SebThaDonSebThaDon Posts: 1Player
    New map has a few unnecessary corners in certain parts of the map. Any news on when we will actually receive new maps that are available in public matches where 96% of the player base is? We need maps in the public rotation asap. Why haven't the extract iterations of existing maps been put into pubs? Are those in beta too? Im glad there are updates however they seem to be missing the things It really needs, ex playable maps for things it doesn't need like making the m17 the default sidearm lol. Looking forward to a Dev response.