Please Fix This Issue With The Mission Editor

Currently if you republish an existing map, there's a chance you may get Version Mismatch errors even if the server is up-to-date. To fix this you just need to delete the *.metadata file associated with your map and then republish. An easy fix would be if the publisher automatically deleted that metadata file for the mapper. Should be a simple fix that would greatly help cut down on issues with custom maps.
You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,413Beta Tester
    ?!

I've noticed that it depends on whether the actual download got propogated out to the clients and server off the Steam system. I restart the server and Steam in order to trigger them.

Is there something more going on?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,993Player
    edited December 2018
    ?!

I've noticed that it depends on whether the actual download got propogated out to the clients and server off the Steam system. I restart the server and Steam in order to trigger them.

Is there something more going on?

People keep telling me that if you dont' delete the metadata it causes issues like mismatches. I'm not sure what the mechanics of it is, but that's what I've been told
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,413Beta Tester
    Are these people saving mutliple maps into the same folder before publish? You can only have one .UMAP and one metadata file in the folder if you want a successful publish.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.