Make the game available to ALL countries

Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 98Player
Why is the game not available to all?

I have some european friends trying to play this. I've told them to create a NA acct but not sure if this will work for them.

Comments

  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    Why is the game not available to all?

    I have some european friends trying to play this. I've told them to create a NA acct but not sure if this will work for them.

    While we are only on the American Play Store, I believe we have an official server or two in Germany for your European friends.
  • dacoster90dacoster90 Posts: 38Player
    Why is the game not available to all?

    I have some european friends trying to play this. I've told them to create a NA acct but not sure if this will work for them.

    While we are only on the American Play Store, I believe we have an official server or two in Germany for your European friends.

    Will the game ever be released for other countries? I know you had some problems in Europe regarding PG and stuff.
  • Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 98Player
    Why is the game not available to all?

    I have some european friends trying to play this. I've told them to create a NA acct but not sure if this will work for them.

    While we are only on the American Play Store, I believe we have an official server or two in Germany for your European friends.

    So how does a Europe based player go about downloading the game? Will creating a north American account while in Europe work?
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    dacoster90 wrote: »
    Will the game ever be released for other countries? I know you had some problems in Europe regarding PG and stuff.

    No, and AAPG is not the only product this applies to. There are a number of our apps I've been asking to be international for 5+ years now but leadership simply won't do it -- two reasons from their pov: no one overseas really is going to become a Soldier from it, and they don't want bad performance and therefore bad reviews because someone's trying to play/use from the other side of the globe. I disagree with both but I'm not in charge. For a time I was banned from even bringing it up.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    So how does a Europe based player go about downloading the game? Will creating a north American account while in Europe work?

    Yes. Google a how-to, I know I've posted one before, they're out there.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 737Player
    dacoster90 wrote: »
    Will the game ever be released for other countries? I know you had some problems in Europe regarding PG and stuff.

    No, and AAPG is not the only product this applies to. There are a number of our apps I've been asking to be international for 5+ years now but leadership simply won't do it -- two reasons from their pov: no one overseas really is going to become a Soldier from it, and they don't want bad performance and therefore bad reviews because someone's trying to play/use from the other side of the globe. I disagree with both but I'm not in charge. For a time I was banned from even bringing it up.

    Yikes, I was going to make an NA account but it takes alot of work to do so. I'll stick to PC.

    Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 610Player
    Murica first :D I mean it makes sense, somehow.
    AAPG is good!
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 628Player
    There's literally AFN commercials running right now about a German citizen who joined the US Air Force and became an American. It's actually pretty common

    /shrug
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 49Player
    edited December 2018
    Gata love AFN.....

    Never seen a commercial for this game on there., Might be a good idea if it hasn't happened.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    doogle! wrote: »
    There's literally AFN commercials running right now about a German citizen who joined the US Air Force and became an American. It's actually pretty common

    /shrug

    Preaching to the choir o:)
  • Vago8080Vago8080 Posts: 6Player
    dacoster90 wrote: »
    Will the game ever be released for other countries? I know you had some problems in Europe regarding PG and stuff.

    No, and AAPG is not the only product this applies to. There are a number of our apps I've been asking to be international for 5+ years now but leadership simply won't do it -- two reasons from their pov: no one overseas really is going to become a Soldier from it, and they don't want bad performance and therefore bad reviews because someone's trying to play/use from the other side of the globe. I disagree with both but I'm not in charge. For a time I was banned from even bringing it up.
    dacoster90 wrote: »
    Will the game ever be released for other countries? I know you had some problems in Europe regarding PG and stuff.

    No, and AAPG is not the only product this applies to. There are a number of our apps I've been asking to be international for 5+ years now but leadership simply won't do it -- two reasons from their pov: no one overseas really is going to become a Soldier from it, and they don't want bad performance and therefore bad reviews because someone's trying to play/use from the other side of the globe. I disagree with both but I'm not in charge. For a time I was banned from even bringing it up.

    As with any product Lesdership doesn't know [TOS Violation] about how their product works and how it can be improve. Business as usual :)

    I guess they don't know about the relation between userbase and snowballing in the online gaming industry.
    dacoster90 wrote: »
    Will the game ever be released for other countries? I know you had some problems in Europe regarding PG and stuff.

    No, and AAPG is not the only product this applies to. There are a number of our apps I've been asking to be international for 5+ years now but leadership simply won't do it -- two reasons from their pov: no one overseas really is going to become a Soldier from it, and they don't want bad performance and therefore bad reviews because someone's trying to play/use from the other side of the globe. I disagree with both but I'm not in charge. For a time I was banned from even bringing it up.

    As with any industry Leadership doesn't know [TOS Violation] about it. I guess they don't see the relation between userbase and snowballing effect.

  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    There may actually be some movement on this, at least for those of you wanting to play in Europe! I'm not sure the timeline yet but we might be about to land on the European PS region store. o:)
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 737Player
    There may actually be some movement on this, at least for those of you wanting to play in Europe! I'm not sure the timeline yet but we might be about to land on the European PS region store. o:)

    POG

    Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 628Player
    Good news for the franchise
Sign In or Register to comment.