Will there be any old AA2 maps coming out during the fall of this year?

2»

Comments

• *G.O.A.T*piSSko*G.O.A.T*piSSko Posts: 14Player
    We need Mount Mckenna, Urban Assault and Collapse Tunnel... those three maps were awesome for a competition... Even Csar was great map too...

beside all bdx maps, these 4 old ones would fit perfectly for competition :) Devs, cmon, do it :)
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,031Player
    I find that McKenna doesn't play that well with the current weapon setup. A big part of the charm of that map was the M16 w/iron sights and then getting a kill and being able to pick up an AK-47/RPK or having a coveted SAW (which also had iron sights). Losing that makes the map play so much differently. Any of the old AA maps that had M16s w/iron sights don't play as well in AAPG. Maps that had grenade launchers play a big role (like Insurgent Camp) also don't play as well.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 610Player
    I find that McKenna doesn't play that well with the current weapon setup. A big part of the charm of that map was the M16 w/iron sights and then getting a kill and being able to pick up an AK-47/RPK or having a coveted SAW (which also had iron sights). Losing that makes the map play so much differently. Any of the old AA maps that had M16s w/iron sights don't play as well in AAPG. Maps that had grenade launchers play a big role (like Insurgent Camp) also don't play as well.

this
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,468Beta Tester
    It's obviously possible to make McKenna with iron sight M4s or whatever. Has anyone?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited December 2018
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    It's obviously possible to make McKenna with iron sight M4s or whatever. Has anyone?

It is, but it isn't. It's a force class, but then how do you get the M249? Just some lucky guy gets it? Do you leave a couple lying around in spawn and whoever gets there first gets it? Also, how about the AK-47 piece? How do you convert M16s into CZs when guys die? If you could figure out that part in kismet, then it could happen.

I'd certainly play around with it, but I think the version of McKenna that's out there has baked assets and I'm not going to bother remaking the map from scratch when it's already out there.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,468Beta Tester
    It would be easy in UE4/Blueprints, I think. Not sure about Kismet :heartbreak:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

Yeah, I could easily see making just a shelf where everyone grabs their weapon (M16 or M249) at the beginning of the round. The part where you make the M16 turn into a CZ is the hard part.
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 48Player

Yeah, I could easily see making just a shelf where everyone grabs their weapon (M16 or M249) at the beginning of the round. The part where you make the M16 turn into a CZ is the hard part.

Everyone picking up whatever weapon in the beginning wouldn't be ideal for a lot of us that use timing from spawn to get to certain corners etc. Obviously we would learn, but still. The game already limits the use of certain classes, m24 mainly, on maps, I believe it could work he same with forcing the use of m16s and such.
    jgvn11 wrote: »

Everyone picking up whatever weapon in the beginning wouldn't be ideal for a lot of us that use timing from spawn to get to certain corners etc. Obviously we would learn, but still. The game already limits the use of certain classes, m24 mainly, on maps, I believe it could work he same with forcing the use of m16s and such.

Weapons would have to be taken prior to the round starting. I'm not sure if there's a way to extend the pre-round timer specific to a map (I know it's a server variable). Sadly, you can only limit classes. So I can limit the map to 12 Rs & 2 ARs, but those 12Rs will be able to choose M4s with optics and M249s with ELCANs.
  • *G.O.A.T*piSSko*G.O.A.T*piSSko Posts: 14Player

I'm getting it... same you can apply to Lockdown map and some other short maps from AAPG... it would be much better with my16 iron sights than with m4 but I still think those old 3-4 maps mentioned, would be nice to see in AAPG even with m4 :)
  • LIL-GHOSTLIL-GHOST Posts: 33Player
    I want McKenna
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 939Player
    custom loadouts allow mappers to add any weapon any sights(that fit that weapon)