Americas Army Game sharing information?

-=HELL=-Pr0b3-=HELL=-Pr0b3 Posts: 72Player
edited December 5 in General Discussion
Americas Army Game and sharing information:
can anyone tell me if AAPG is sharing gameplay IP information to 3rd parties?

Comments

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 580Player
    edited December 3
    Yep. AFAIK not the official ones but a lot private hosted.
    AAPG is good!
  • -=HELL=-Pr0b3-=HELL=-Pr0b3 Posts: 72Player
    Have my suspicions,

As I only have a Fake FB account,
    Never did any activity on it, no real names, emails, or info.
    No chats or friends, not even any searches done.

Still tho, FB does what FB does best, trying to fiend connections I might know, friendsuggestions.
    Most of the friendsuggestions I get are from AAPG players.
    5% of that list, rest are names I suspect are also from players in the AAPG game, only all with real names. What made me suspect an information leak somewhere
    If it is,
    Is there a way to stop it? Without having to play trough a proxy of servers, or VPN and so on?
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 580Player
    If you are f.e. in a aapg fb group, then it's normal that fb suggest you people from that group playing aapg.
    AAPG is good!
    My "Fake" account on FB has never joined any groups, or contacted any other profile.
    Was created, and left dormant. Do not have any liked posts or followed sites or groups.
    But steam could be a source.
    I hate to think FB could be or would use the ability to trace connected IP's to use that as a reference for friend suggestions.
    Been scratching my head at this for a while now. Only thing interesting is that not really anything about me gets revealed as my Account is filled with false info, but the suggestion of friends on the other hand give me a lot of information about them.
    (the suggestions are just so close to be mostly the players I play AAPG with, the reason I raised my question)

But if any site is illegally gathering information, then mostly anything could be possible I guess
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 349Developer
    We keep player and game stats on Amazon Web Services and such for server numbers being automatically managed in the cloud, things like that, but we do not share any player info with third parties.

Sites usually do this to make money, i.e. selling customer info, and as we do not do any of this for money, it's a moot point here.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,334Beta Tester
    I know for a fact us Betas testers have hammered out anything that looked privacy-related in prior builds because WE don't want that either, regardless of Army privacy policies. I'd venture to say that if IPs are being used, FB must be in on the scam!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 579Player
    Gotta be some sort of algorithm FB is using. I also have a fake FB account, and I get suggestions of people i know IRL.
    Well, the OLD way FB did this was via the email contact lists. If you were on theirs, FB would 'suggest' you. But I'm sure it's much deeper than that now.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited December 4
    I agree with keebler on that. None of the friend suggestions I get are on any of my contacts lists though, some are steamfriends yes, but this fb account is a totally different email, and many of these friendsuggestions are only met and contacted ingame wich is kinda wierd, just had to ask if anyone knew. I dont like or trust FB and sure they dont get all information legal ways imo
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 166Player
    So you didn't link facebook to your steam when steam asked?
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,719Player
    edited December 4
    I dont like or trust FB [...]

Don't use facebook then.

/thread
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    I dont like or trust FB [...]

Don't use facebook then.

/thread

I don't,

I made a fake account, now wonder how they gather the information they gathered without me entering any information at all, wich brought me to make this post to ask if AA shared any info
    Drawn wrote: »
    So you didn't link facebook to your steam when steam asked?

Steam never asked to link any facebook account. so no have not linked anything to this fb account. or steam or any emails.
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 166Player
    Steam did ask me to link fb a couple months ago. If you link it you can view which friends have fb and add them on fb.
    I haven't got it linked myself though and 0 aapg people suggested on fb
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 663Player
    edited December 4
    Well considering that Internet providers are now legally allowed to collect and sell your browser history without your authorization and give the buyer information about who you are, where you have been, who you have been talking to and what your interests are. With that information they can make a pretty detailed profile about you. That's why I switched to a different DNS server on all my pc's.

I would recommend that for everyone and use Preferred DNS server 1.1.1.1 and Alternate DNS server 1.0.0.1. Not only will you give your ISP a hard time collecting data it can also speed up page loading.

Then you also have these 3rd party cookies that are placed by a site other than the one you’re visiting and are mostly used by advertisers to track your browsing activities across multiple platforms and show you tailored ads.

See the Internet as a black hole, every key you press and every mouse movement and click you do is all saved including all the personal data about you as a person get sucked into that hole. It's hard to get privacy if any, but there are tools that I also use like "NoScript" and "HTTPS Everywhere" that can make it harder to get your data. I also always delete cookies every day with CCleaner.

So my guess, that facebook is buying data about you from your ISP or use 3rd party cookies.
    Im protected under (GDPR)
    And therefore sharing my information could be a big problem for whoever does you know. Most European countries are
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 663Player
    My ISP also falls under the GDPR, but sadly that doesn't effect any 3rd party cookie site. Or my gov for that matter lmao. Since this year they are allowed by law to access all my systems with out a court order, so to me GDPR is just a wall of text to make people feel secure/protected and nothing more.
    That doesn't make sense. Full access without court order?? What keywords can I search to pull that up? That's cray!!! :o
    ______

Europe and their politicians, fake security and power fights to get more voters.

I know FB did many shady things as the company they are. I "deleted" my real profile there one or two years ago. Since moved, got a new IP, new hardware and different emails, yes, pleral. Not because of fb itself, just other reasons.

But what is most importaint I suppose, is that ppl are aware that their identity and information, willingly or unvillingly appears to be shared either way.

I allready knew that before tho and was not born yesterday. I still got to scratch my head when AA players started popping up as friendsuggestions on my fake profile.

Noticed this social media being more agressive towards me to start adding friends and information since this account is close to blank, and empty. If they really have sunk that low to do IP Logging/tracing to find my friends, then I was really not wrong by leaving them in the first place.

But have narrowed down the possible leak areas now tho, from what most probably agree on.
    -3rd party server hosters
    -Steam
    -Plausable IP logging/tracing