Cannot Spot Through Windows

I have noticed that it is not possible to indicate an enemy through a window, whether or not this is intended I think it is imperative that this be changed. I firmly believe that you should be able to call out enemies through glass, this would be especially important to bullet-proof windows like in surgery on Inner Hospital which is used primarily for the function of safely observing enemy movement from across the hall. You could say just use voice coms, but the point I wish to make is that this negates that possibility of marking the enemy with a dot on the minimap, which is essential to identifying their exact location in that moment.

Just sharing my opinion on that matter.

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,334Beta Tester
    You can't draw a line of sight check in the game code of UE3 through an object, if it's even possible, without adding additional code that would say "Ignore a certain class of object in the check." This has already been discussed before and I believe this is what we're stuck with. Feel free to search the prior discussions on it.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 575Player
    The better solution would be to remove the current spotting system entirely. In world spots are a joke. At least they don't follow players around I'm real time anymore.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 919Player
    edited December 1
    So would removing collision checks on an object ie:- a window work ?
    Never tried so just putting it out there.
  • [1%R]SiNsOfThEDeViL[1%R]SiNsOfThEDeViL Posts: 100Player
    I agree with you on that part. However, maybe if they added that it could cause some bugs ( probably I'm just saying what could happen ) and updates are becoming less of an occurrence as the AA dev team ( as far as I heard ) working on a new AA game. So not all of em are focused on AAPG anymore.

Whatever you do, you cannot outrun the devil.

Steam