New AAPG Player Stats Web Site

Comments

• PredictionPrediction Posts: 132Player
    edited December 2018
    Prediction wrote: »
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    IMO, it's too late in the ballgame to deprive everyone of whatever work they've done, even if it's questionable. Hopefully we can put together some strategies for next time.

If it is not accurate whats the point? Reset so they work all the bugs now in prep for AAV and if it is really needed archive the current data for the few that care to see it.

Its a valid point. Plus the AAV wont come out before 3 years I would say.

Are you for resetting the stats or not haha? In your previous post you said to reset them and now you are contradicting that and saying don't reset them... Which one do you want?

Also I never said his point was not vaild
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    I meant you had a valid point on that quote. I'm supporting your idea. And I also added that if we reset now we will still probably have another 3 years of AAPG before AAV.
    You misunderstood my post.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • MaclobsterMaclobster Posts: 214Beta Tester
    Can there be a statspage, to see all servers and who is playing on that server? Is this possible?
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Heck, the data that Steam is passing through our server browser right now isn't working without five refreshes, so....? :(
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [soldier][soldier] Posts: 126Player
    Maclobster wrote: »
    Can there be a statspage, to see all servers and who is playing on that server? Is this possible?

The stats engine has no data (at least that I saw) on servers. Even the match information only has the map that was played.

As a side note, ACI members have that information available for streaming servers although it is not organized to be easily browsed though looking at player lists.
    edited December 2018
    Maclobster wrote: »

Battletracker does this to every server but official ones.

How do you all feel about a button available to us somewhere to reset our own stats instead of relying on the Devs to wipe them?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 373Beta Tester
    Soldier,

Awesome work as usual!!! This has really come in handy and has been a great addition to all the tools we benefit from at ACI!! Thanks for your hard work bud!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 373Beta Tester
    How do you all feel about a button available to us somewhere to reset our own stats instead of relying on the Devs to wipe them?

I am all for that, if you look at my stats you would want a reset every other day!! :p
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Also, I noticed there is no average damage dealt per round. I think that would also be good to add as an indicator of skill.

Some type of metric of KDR and damage would be where I would start for a toplist.

Most certainly! As K/D ratio is a statistical representation used to measure how good you are ,the KDR or ADR (average Damage per Round as in csgo) also FPR (avg. Frags per round) is used to represent how useful you are for the team.

If you're interested in establishing skill rankings, you're gonna have to have some mathematical equation involving more than just one variable like KD.. the more complicated the more accurate.

I can niether agree nor disagree nor complain about dat bugged kdr doh #2 hrmm
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

How does everyone feel about a button WE can use to reset our own stats?

- I'm repeating this question for a reason...........

Also, any math/statistics/game oriented folks gonna weigh in on a useful algorithm for skill, or are we just going to lean on whatever is already available as a solution (TrueSkill etc....) ?

I was hoping for an interesting discussion. :p
    ______

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,017Moderator
    edited December 2018

I think it would be more fun to have button to reset someone else stats...

And as for resetting their own stats, sure, if you want to, just do it.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,121Player
    I'd love to be able to reset my own stats. I'm better at the game now than I was when I started out.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!

Also, any math/statistics/game oriented folks gonna weigh in on a useful algorithm for skill, or are we just going to lean on whatever is already available as a solution (TrueSkill etc....) ?

I am pretty sure, for this moment, this would just be a waste of time. This because the developers are starting to make a new game with their own plans and algorithms.
    However it would be an interesting topic to discuss, if for any reason hollywood said: "yes, we will update ranking system on AAPG". - Right now even if we came with a good algorithm to calculate skill, there would be alot of people on top that don't deserve it because of corrupt data.

• -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 102Player

I tried getting a direction going in what I would consider a skilled rank list/top list but it sounds like everyone wants it to be just like before.

I guess there was a vote somewhere at some time and what we currently have represents what the people want already.

Timeplayed > skill

BUT Timeplayed != Skill :open_mouth:

If we deal with this early in the development cycle we'll be more likely to get somewhere. Hollywood has already stated that they are looking at bringing in skills algorithms which UE4 supports more natively. (I don't understand the subject, so may be getting it wrong....)
    ______

• -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 102Player
    I’ll agree to disagree. Time played = rank level

Yea you might learn a few things along the way.
    But I can’t tell you how many potatoes I’ve seen that are rank SMA. Heck I’ll even go SGT and above. 85% are pure potatoes.

If everyone wants AAO tracker back then so be it. It’s not much different than everyone wanting a newer AA2 back. Neither of which I find will be successful.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    I’ll agree to disagree. Time played = rank level

Yea you might learn a few things along the way.
    But I can’t tell you how many potatoes I’ve seen that are rank SMA. Heck I’ll even go SGT and above. 85% are pure potatoes.

If everyone wants AAO tracker back then so be it. It’s not much different than everyone wanting a newer AA2 back. Neither of which I find will be successful.

!= means doesn't equal. At least the way I read it, you're both saying the time played isn't a good measure of skill.

I think AAO Tracker-like stats would be a good thing. I know plenty of people played a wider variety of maps to raise their overall "rank" on AAO Tracker. It gives players something else to work towards. Of course AA2 also had an Honor system that took forever to progress through.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,121Player
    edited December 2018
    In general you'll need a progression system in pub play as well as competitive play. AAO Tracker type stuff along with honor, skin unlocks, and other things of that nature are certainly easy ways to help keep people playing at a pub level. Of course, if you don't have a good game that updates fairly regularly, then none of this means anything.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • [soldier][soldier] Posts: 126Player
    edited December 2018
    AAStats now has player statistics available for PS4 players in addition to PC. To switch platforms, use the Platform popup menu at the top right of the Welcome to AAStats section.

t3pe9luz2mi6.png

The Player Stats Search is operational. We are currently working on some problems with obtaining match data to fill in the Top Players List and Unofficial Leaderboards. We have also removed most of the Official Leaderboards from the PS4 page since those leaderboards do not appear to include any PS4 players.