New AAPG PC Player Stats Web Site

Comments

• PredictionPrediction Posts: 117Player
    edited December 6
    Remove takedowns as I dont think it is of importance
    Remove Dev Kills - I dont see any value in parsing that info
    Secures - I dont see the value in parsing that info

Not sure it would make a difference by removing any of these. Although they are not of importance to some it may be important to others so probably best to leave it.
    Highest round score - I look at those numbers and I'm confused as to if that is match score or if it is really per round score.

There are servers with 20 minute rounds out there and if it is not excluding those servers then the numbers mean very little.

• [soldier][soldier] Posts: 66Player
    Are you able to get information on how much average damage someone does per round
    We can get kills and points, which is what we show on the player page. We can get shots fired and hits by match. We have that broken down by weapon on the player page and I haven't seen a purpose to breaking those down by map.

The Toplist - Not the direction I would have gone but it is an option. For me I would think the Toplist would have some type of K/D and Damage ratio metric.
    Having a sortable Top Player List was the #2 request that we got for the site. We can add/remove columns depending on available space. Initially we went with what we could find that paralleled what the AAOTracker site had since that was the model everyone requesting the list referred to.

Top Kills - I would remove the unoffical leaderboard if you keep with the current format of Toplist because you can now sort
    Our Most Kills leaderboard has a pulldown to break out the kills by weapon. There were quite a few requests to see this.

Remove takedowns as I dont think it is of importance
    A Takedowns leaderboard was the absolute #1 request that we got for leaderboards, by far.

Remove Dev Kills - I dont see any value in parsing that info
    I put that in as a test and because I thought it would be a fun leaderboard to have.

Highest round score - I look at those numbers and I'm confused as to if that is match score or if it is really per round score.
    Those are official stats so you would need to ask the AA Developers if you don't think those stats are representative of their descriptions.

Secures - I dont see the value in parsing that info
    That's another Official Leaderboard. We show all of the official leaderboards.

Favorite map - I dont know if I would say "favorite map", I would probably change that to "most Played map"
    Umm, OK...

iorbb3l7mtmk.png
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 714Player
    edited December 6
    Like I mentioned before, KPM, SPM, rounds played, time played and kills were affected for the majority of players and got corrupted...

Best round score and match score never worked properly. If you check your AA profile page after every match you will see it changing everytime.

I think every scoreboard should be kept as it is, no need to remove the other ones.

Looking at those guys with obvious corrupted scores, or we try to remove them manually or just ignore them, this is a problem of the game for a long time and devs never fixed it. If you sort by time played you will see many people with stupid amount of hours.

Nice job soldier, even tho with all these problems the tracker is looking good imo.

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,320Beta Tester
    I notice Arkiero has played the game for 49.6 .......YEARS.

How do we trust the data in that database?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Also....Round and Match high scores were bugged in the DB for several years....they only showed the last round played. Have they started working?!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 343Developer
    Keebler750 wrote: »

The time played being wrong is a known database issue. There might be another but by and large the data should be correct. And Soldier has given us several to work.

There might be another but by and large the data should be correct.

I hate to say this, but statements like that scare the heck out of the scientific side of what's left of my brain......

A database that is not robust and accurate is not a database at all but a collection of gibberish.

______

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 573Player
    I think that new chart is great! It's also aesthetically pleasing to me. Good work
    I hate to say this, but statements like that scare the heck out of the scientific side of what's left of my brain......

A database that is not robust and accurate is not a database at all but a collection of gibberish.

I understand what you're saying but I hope you also understand what I'm saying. There aren't problems with kills, deaths, etc.
    edited December 6

I understand what you're saying but I hope you also understand what I'm saying. There aren't problems with kills, deaths, etc.

Wrong, there are. I have like 20k more kills than what I should and so some people have 100k+ kills as well, and you can see that clearly on the AAstats. And so are rounds played and time played. This happened on certain servers - I think official ones at the time - they were having a stupid high multiplier.

Wrong, there are. I have like 20k more kills than what I should and so some people have 100k+ kills as well, and you can see that clearly on the AAstats. And so are rounds played and time played. This happened on certain servers - I think official ones at the time - they were having a stupid high multiplier.

Well [TOS Violation].
    :p Yeah.....you didn't think I was making that up did ya? There are fields in the DB (well, all of them really....) that I just can't trust anymore. Look at the recent Shoothouse issues.

Not to say this work isn't extremely valuable for learning heading into AA:Victory though.
    ______

Reset everything and lets restart with everything fixed :D

• nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 659Player

A complete stats wipe, that could be interesting :lol:
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,362Player
    I like that idea but would it be fair on new players they join and think we are all noobs then they get destroyed I think I have had my stats reset 4 times since AAPG started =)

A complete stats wipe, that could be interesting :lol:

That would be fun, but I can't guarantee everything's been fixed. And based on this eye-opener I'm gonna say it probably hasn't.
    IMO, it's too late in the ballgame to deprive everyone of whatever work they've done, even if it's questionable. Hopefully we can put together some strategies for next time.
    ______

• PredictionPrediction Posts: 117Player
    edited December 7
    IMO, it's too late in the ballgame to deprive everyone of whatever work they've done, even if it's questionable. Hopefully we can put together some strategies for next time.

If it is not accurate whats the point? Reset so they work all the bugs now in prep for AAV and if it is really needed archive the current data for the few that care to see it.
    I totally agree, it's just that a lot of people who aren't playing anymore would feel ripped off, regardless.
    ______

Prediction wrote: »

If it is not accurate whats the point? Reset so they work all the bugs now in prep for AAV and if it is really needed archive the current data for the few that care to see it.

Its a valid point. Plus the AAV wont come out before 3 years I would say.