New AAPG PC Player Stats Web Site

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,320Beta Tester
    In theory, if a player was playing against others with the exact same skill, he'd have a KDR of 1.0 and no one wants to discuss that. If he gets lucky and pulls off THREE kills in a round against good players, that's a huge accomplishment. Anyone that's getting a Silver Hawkeye (5 kills) or a Golden Hawkeye (7kills) in one round isn't playing against equal skill. So...I go back to what I said above. How can we use the stats for anything skill-related?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [soldier][soldier] Posts: 66Player
    edited December 3
    Prediction wrote: »
    -In the scroll list for each category could you make the names clickable which would allow us to get directly to that players stats page?
    That should have already been in there, it's in there now. Thanks, :o

Prediction wrote: »
    -Are you able to find out who your biggest enemy is (meaning who killed you the most) also who you killed the most stat?
    - Also if we could like above have a separate one that shows who you choked the most vs who choked you the most to create a sort of friendly public competition between players?
    Those would be fun to have but I don't see a detailed kill feed in the stats engine. They have total kills and deaths for a match but not which players you killed or were killed by. :(
    edited December 3
    We have added a new Maps section to the player stats page, with some basic player stats broken out by map:

8qo3b09raf6r.png

The player profiles are being populated with maps data as we update profiles during stats recording, which means that players will need to be active as of today to have a Maps section included. Because of the way it has to be collected, maps data is updated every 4 hours with the leaderboards.

The most important thing to know about the Maps data is that the stats engine appears to only have data going back to May 1st, 2018. So if you have an older account, the data in the Maps section will not balance with your overall stats.

I am also not convinced that the map data numbers are complete even for newer accounts. I don't know yet if that is a bug in the game or the stats engine, or just my flawed perception of it. However, the data that does exist appears to be complete enough to reflect trends properly, even if the raw numbers are incomplete.
    Nicely done, Soldier! :+1: That does look great.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 343Developer
    doogle! wrote: »
    Your work to bring this to the community should be backed 100% by the devs, and I hope it will continue to be as you continue to improve and tweak your product.

I mean I feel like I'm backing this 100%, and yes he's doing great work!
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 573Player
    Didn't mean for it to sound like it wasn't, hence the second part of the sentence. Wish we had this years ago. But, better late than never.

Maybe we can get Soldier working with AA5 from the get-go..so that upon official release we have a nice and purdy stat site like AAOTracker used to be.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,362Player
    edited December 3
    Maybe we can get Soldier working with AA5 from the get-go..so that upon official release we have a nice and purdy stat site like AAOTracker used to be.

+1 =)
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 343Developer
    Didn't mean for it to sound like it wasn't, hence the second part of the sentence. Wish we had this years ago. But, better late than never.

We had good AAV data discussion not an hour ago. That kinda thing will be in the game from the ground-up so it won't be such a struggle to do what Soldier is doing.
    So will we discuss the skill rating issue? I have tried to prime the topic, but......no takers?
    ______

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 714Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    So will we discuss the skill rating issue? I have tried to prime the topic, but......no takers?

Whats your sugestion? I gave mine already.

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
    … a nice and purdy stat site like AAOTracker used to be.

I've been through some screenshots of the BattleTracker site and I think we have replicated everything they had (although in our own style perhaps) that we have stats available for.

My memory is too dim on the details to remember if AAOTracker was different than BattleTracker. If it was, and anyone still has some screenshots of the AAOTracker site around please post or PM them. I went through my old AA2 screenshots but all I have are in-game scoreboards.

Thanks.
    There's no silver bullet Keebler. KDR isn't perfect, but I think it's the closest that we're going to get without an MMR/ranking system.

I think if we (the users) are able to customize the stat dashboard with whatever view/filter we want, that'll wet everyone's whistle. That means a robust database. My initial suggestion would look like this (default view):

Clan, IGName, Rank/Honor, Kills, Deaths, KDR, Wins, Most played Map.

Once you click on the soldier name, you get a plethora of other stats. Give the users the power to move around and display whatever columns they want to display as their default. Maybe I'd hide Clan, Wins, and Map. Maybe I'd remove Fave Map with Take downs. I'd also recommend a clean look. What soldier has is great, but the blue and tiny boxes speak for themselves.

Hollywood: good to hear. Hopefully someone has some saved snapshots of tracker to gain inspiration.
    edited December 3
    [soldier] wrote: »
    … a nice and purdy stat site like AAOTracker used to be.

I've been through some screenshots of the BattleTracker site and I think we have replicated everything they had (although in our own style perhaps) that we have stats available for.

My memory is too dim on the details to remember if AAOTracker was different than BattleTracker. If it was, and anyone still has some screenshots of the AAOTracker site around please post or PM them. I went through my old AA2 screenshots but all I have are in-game scoreboards.

Thanks.

EDIT: found a good link:

https://battletracker.com/index.php?page=AAOPlayerToplist&pageNo=1&type=global&playerfilter=all&sortField=kills&sortOrder=DESC

The KDR sort got WAY jacked up due to the stupid coop modes AA2 added later in life.

Heya,

I'll dig through my externals later. But for the most part you're right about the stats. But the overall look and feel of AAOTracker / Battletracker was much different..mainly due to the way the information was organized and presented.

You cannot see it anymore, but the home page of default stats was simple and sleek. I don't have an SS or link to that (it's gone), but it was fairly similar to my 2nd link below.

https://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/83310/-[di]-doogle/

https://battletracker.com/clanstats/aao/19680/

EDIT: found a good link:

https://battletracker.com/index.php?page=AAOPlayerToplist&pageNo=1&type=global&playerfilter=all&sortField=kills&sortOrder=DESC

The KDR sort got WAY jacked up due to the stupid coop modes AA2 added later in life.

Heya,

I'll dig through my externals later. But for the most part you're right about the stats. But the overall look and feel of AAOTracker / Battletracker was much different..mainly due to the way the information was organized and presented.

You cannot see it anymore, but the home page of default stats was simple and sleek. I don't have an SS or link to that (it's gone), but it was fairly similar to my 2nd link below.

https://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/83310/-[di]-doogle/

https://battletracker.com/clanstats/aao/19680/

Thanks, I've seen the Battletracker pages. We have a top K/D list and Most Kills leaderboards, but I guess what you are looking for is a player list with those elements combined like that Player Toplist. We could certainly do that, but unfortunately from that list it would just be Kills, Deaths, K/D, and perhaps Matches replacing Hours and Rank replacing Honor. There are no concepts of Score, Leader, and Goals in AAPG.

Let me think about it a bit, I would have to store some data a bit differently to allow the table to be shown in a reasonable time.
    My initial suggestion would look like this (default view):

Clan, IGName, Rank/Honor, Kills, Deaths, KDR, Wins, Most played Map.

One thing we could try is having an "executive summary" at the top of the page with a disclosure triangle that would open out the rest of the page. I think we would get as many different opinions on that as there are people using it though…
    Ya man, im only 1 guy. Curious to know what the others think
    edited December 3
    … but the blue and tiny boxes speak for themselves.

If the blue is too much, I've changed the table backgrounds to match the rest of the page.

We can try without the vertical lines on the tables, but I will have to put in a crapload of ':' as separators. I don't know that removing the horizontal lines on tables this size would be a good idea, even with the line highlighting.

Edit #1: Then again maybe it would work:
    o8kxgh403oni.png

Edit #2: We could always try the old alternating color rows trick to replace the hard lines in the rows. although that tends to look kind of stripe-y.
    Do you all agree that a high KDR comes from playing lower skilled players?
    ______

• jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 28Player

Yes and no, I think it depends on how many kills, hours played, ect. Eventually you will play against the good and bad. Unless your entire game play is all about leaving and joining games looking for the specific one you want.

In other news, I had thought the battle tracker site was down, but I found my old stats lol.
    https://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/357128/J-Man./
    edited December 4
    jgvn11 wrote: »

Yes and no, I think it depends on how many kills, hours played, ect. Eventually you will play against the good and bad. Unless your entire game play is all about leaving and joining games looking for the specific one you want.

Okay. So, my premise was that the better quality player you play against when YOU are a good player, the closer you will be to a 1.0 KDR. As you go pubbing more, your KDR creeps up from that level.

The problem with even THAT is that a less skilled player can ALSO have a 1.0 KDR!

So, I'm trying to get us to discuss a way we can look at this, or bring in ideas from some other game that's already done it.
    ______

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 570Player
    edited December 4
    jgvn11 wrote: »

In other news, I had thought the battle tracker site was down, but I found my old stats lol.
    https://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/357128/J-Man./

You certainly did a better job of playing a variety of maps than I did:

http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/100760/[-hbk,314-]