New AAPG PC Player Stats Web Site

Comments

• [soldier][soldier] Posts: 66Player
    edited November 28
    And I have forwarded them on. Keep them coming.

Hooah :)
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,780Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Yeah. I know. I remember all that stuff. I was just ridin' Doba because he's such a.......................

On the outside, But on the inside you're like.. "Why is this fool always right!! .. I'll show him"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,780Player
    edited November 29
    doogle! wrote: »
    Great work soldier!

Asked for feedback, received feedback, implemented changes. Well done.

This isnt how AA works ppl

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,320Beta Tester
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Yeah. I know. I remember all that stuff. I was just ridin' Doba because he's such a.......................

On the outside, But on the inside you're like.. "Why is this fool always right!! .. I'll show him"

:D !! That made me smile! :+1:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited November 30
    What about a leaderboard with kills per weapon.
    The only problem with this would be that it will take a lot of leaderboard :o .

We decided to solve this problem by adding a Weapons pulldown to the Most Kills leaderboard. Any weapon (including rockets and grenades) that records a kill can be selected:

iqkhkrvd6pov.png

ggka3qoe1tjg.png
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 714Player
    Soldier, isn't it possible to add a leaderboard for Goldenhawkeyes and other challenge coins?

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 573Player
    That'd be neat Arkeiro.

Soldier, thank you. I don't think the AAPG team realized how important stats (easily accessible stats) are to the community. AAO Tracker was, IMO, integral to the success of AA1-2. There was something really special about being able to navigate to a well designed stat page...a clan page...a map page. It was brilliant. Your work to bring this to the community should be backed 100% by the devs, and I hope it will continue to be as you continue to improve and tweak your product.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 569Player
    doogle! wrote: »
    That'd be neat Arkeiro.

Soldier, thank you. I don't think the AAPG team realized how important stats (easily accessible stats) are to the community. AAO Tracker was, IMO, integral to the success of AA1-2. There was something really special about being able to navigate to a well designed stat page...a clan page...a map page. It was brilliant. Your work to bring this to the community should be backed 100% by the devs, and I hope it will continue to be as you continue to improve and tweak your product.

Agreed. AAO Tracker gave people a reason to keep playing. Also the fact that they had map stats that played into your overall "rank" was a solid way to encourage people to play maps they wouldn't otherwise play.

I definitely wish something like this had been created a few years ago. It might have kept some more people playing. Better late than never, though. I'm interested in seeing where this goes.
    Soldier, isn't it possible to add a leaderboard for Goldenhawkeyes and other challenge coins?

We have added a Challenge Coins leaderboard with a pulldown to select each of the challenges:

1rjg0en8is8q.png

pjb6nqizb8z5.png

Note, as I wrote in the original post our Challenge Coin counts do not always match the counts on the AA web site. I'm not sure if this is a problem in the stats engine or something we are not doing correctly, but we have an open ticket on it.
    We have added a new Kills per Round statistic to the player stats page along with an associated leaderboard:

libk831efio4.png

lu5xpfp0qbni.png

We were also looking into adding a Kills per Hour stat, but the hours played stats are so unreliable for some players that the resulting leaderboard was of poor quality. As a result we will be holding off on that statistic, at least for now.
    [soldier] wrote: »

We have added a Challenge Coins leaderboard with a pulldown to select each of the challenges:

1rjg0en8is8q.png

pjb6nqizb8z5.png

Note, as I wrote in the original post our Challenge Coin counts do not always match the counts on the AA web site. I'm not sure if this is a problem in the stats engine or something we are not doing correctly, but we have an open ticket on it.

Thanks! Nice feedback. :)

• Dr._Emmett_BrownDr._Emmett_Brown Posts: 1Player
    cant see my stats.....says Player not found, but im listed on the leaderboard Kills per round
  • PredictionPrediction Posts: 117Player
    edited December 1
    What if
    [soldier] wrote: »
    Prediction wrote: »
    Where are the skill based stats vs time played stats?

All of the current stats seem to cater to the more time you have in the game the more chances you will be at the top of most of these leaderboards. Kind of boring if you ask me.

What sort of skill-based stats would you like to see?

Currently when I go to AASTATS I see the following

OFFICIAL LEADERBOARDS

Highest All-Time Score - Favors Time Based

Most Match Wins - Favors Time Based (and selective team picking for some)

Highest Match Score - Could be Skill Based (But are we counting the servers that alter the match time and play bridge for 1 hour?) If we are, could we adjust that stat to only include what AAPG considers a standard round time.

Top Friendly Revives - Time Based (With the way the current game keeps track of revives we could change that possibly to most revives in a match for now which wouldn't cater to the no lifers that spend 12 hours a day playing) But if we do change it to match based then what happens when every player hits the total number of possible revives in a match so not sure on this one completely. But just throwing out ideas. Other than the game changing the revive logic to account for unsuccessful revives and then average it out to get more of a skill based stat.

Top Enemy Securers - Time Based (same as above maybe change this to total secures in a match vs total of all time which caters to those no lifers)

Highest Round Score - Could be skill based (Are we counting the servers that alter match times?) if so then it becomes a time based skill

UNOFFICIAL LEADERBOARDS

Most Kills - Time based for the most part

Most Takedowns - Time based for the most part ( could be changed to most takedowns in a round to give everyone a chance to compete for the top spot)

Highest K/D (1000+ Rounds) - Skill Based but most of our KD's are not accurate because of the spamming in competitive matches but not the stats fault

Most DEV Kills - Luck Based and pretty much uselss stat

Kills Per Round (1000+ Rounds) - Time based ( Not sure how to make this skill based)

Challenge Coins - Mixed but favors time based unless I am misunderstanding how this stat works. (Not sure what you could keep track of in place to make it skill based.)

edited December 1
    There is no way to measure skill with just one stat. Specially when most of the stats are corrupted. But if there would be one it would be an elo system.
    If the stats werent corrupted I would mix a few stats to make the closest to a 'skill determinant" stat. And those would be kills per minute, k/d, w/l rounds ratio + some way to give credit for playing more than just one map.

The challenge coins give you an idea how good the player is based on the time played. If you see someone with the same xp/hours played than you but with way less hawkeyes/golden hawkeyes, its obvious who is better - even tho considering one just plays bdx and other flo.

• blint63blint63 Posts: 2Player
    Nice. Well done guys!
    edited December 1
    If the stats werent corrupted I would mix a few stats to make the closest to a 'skill determinant" stat. And those would be kills per minute, k/d, w/l rounds ratio + some way to give credit for playing more than just one map.

If we can come up with a "skill rating" from the stats that we have that are reliable, I'm certainly willing to give it a try. It doesn't have to be right on the first try, but I would like to have some agreement as to what stats to include and how to weight them in the overall mix (when I say "agreement" I mean among this community, I have no knowledge of how AAO Tracker or other sites calculated something like this).

Kills per minute is problematic as I've mentioned, but we do have the K/D and W/L ratios. I'm currently working with the stats database to see exactly how much we can do with maps, but at the least we should be able to get a good picture of what maps the player plays on.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,320Beta Tester
    edited December 2
    Don't look for a skill rating in the stats. Discuss HEAVILY what constitutes skill and what measurement would look like, THEN see if the stats will support the metric through some algorithm. In terms of scientific method, there'd be huge holes in trying to parse stats for that purpose. For every standalone metric I can give a reasonable argument AGAINST a stat having anything to do with skill.

For example: High KDR relative to the rest of the samples? Is that player playing against less skilled....or equal skilled....players? By definition, it is the former! Same for XPM. Same for Hawkeyes and Golden Hawkeyes. (You don't kill eight Opfor in a round if they are equal skill to YOU.)

Etc.

It's really tough to measure. How can pre-firing a corner not be considered in the 'miss ratio?' What about area-denial suppression tactics? Do those bullets make you a bad player due to less apparent accuracy in the stats? There's a billion things to consider.

I'll start a framework if you want: Skill is....... a combination of physical dexterity, reflexes and accuracy combined with good decision-making skills. How can we measure that?

I'm not convinced that stats in a networked multiplayer environment can truly measure 'skill' but I'm sure this isn't the first time people have discussed it!

In my mind, the true test of skill comes in a LAN environment on SPEC machines in which only the player skill and perhaps minor ergonomic preference is a factor. THAT I would pay money to see.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,362Player
    edited December 2
    cant see my stats.....says Player not found, but im listed on the leaderboard Kills per round

Your soldier name has a period (.) in it [soldier] explains here a work around.
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/7888/new-aapg-pc-player-stats-web-site/p1
    First post.
    Soldier -

Thinking of ways with the current game design to possibly make things more interesting when looking at stats. A few feature request for the stats page if is possible and if everyone feels that it would be a change for the better.

-In the scroll list for each category could you make the names clickable which would allow us to get directly to that players stats page?
    -Are you able to find out who your biggest enemy is (meaning who killed you the most) also who you killed the most stat?
    - Also if we could like above have a separate one that shows who you choked the most vs who choked you the most to create a sort of friendly public competition between players?
    edited December 2
    Don't look for a skill rating in the stats. Discuss HEAVILY what constitutes skill and what measurement would look like, THEN see if the stats will support the metric through some algorithm. In terms of scientific method, there'd be huge holes in trying to parse stats for that purpose. For every standalone metric I can give a reasonable argument AGAINST a stat having anything to do with skill.

For example: High KDR relative to the rest of the samples? Is that player playing against less skilled....or equal skilled....players? By definition, it is the former! Same for XPM. Same for Hawkeyes and Golden Hawkeyes. (You don't kill eight Opfor in a round if they are equal skill to YOU.)

Etc.

It's really tough to measure. How can pre-firing a corner not be considered in the 'miss ratio?' What about area-denial suppression tactics? Do those bullets make you a bad player due to less apparent accuracy in the stats? There's a billion things to consider.

I'll start a framework if you want: Skill is....... a combination of physical dexterity, reflexes and accuracy combined with good decision-making skills. How can we measure that?

I'm not convinced that stats in a networked multiplayer environment can truly measure 'skill' but I'm sure this isn't the first time people have discussed it!

In my mind, the true test of skill comes in a LAN environment on SPEC machines in which only the player skill and perhaps minor ergonomic preference is a factor. THAT I would pay money to see.

+1 valid points.

Maybe for challenge coins rather than only showing who has the most coins because if X players plays 5000 hours more than likely he will have more hawkeyes than a player that only has played 1000 hours but that means nothing really.

What do you think about TotalMatches\Hawkeyes? Do you think this would be a closer measure to skill?